Author Topic: Multiple pet trait question, and pets acquiring LTP  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Multiple pet trait question, and pets acquiring LTP
« on: April 11, 2014, 12:06:51 AM »
I got a question about certain traits for Cats and Dogs; namely, traits that give a special item when unlocked. They are "Bottomless Pet Bowl" and "Pet Hygienator".
Since I have two pets (a cat and a dog), and when they are able to acquire enough points to get these, would getting 1 Pet Hygienator and 1 Bottomless Pet Bowl work for both animals to cut LTP costs?

Also, another question. I can hardly get them to be in the 'Elated' mood that they will acquire points. Especially the Dog, because he won't have a "Pee Here" option until his Bladder bar is at a certain level.
Don't really get that. A cat can go anytime it wants, so can a Sim. Why can't dogs?

I know I can cheat, and I have before. But I'm trying to do a legit playthrough.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Multiple pet trait question, and pets acquiring LTP
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
Yes, both cats and dogs should be able to use the Pet Hygienator and the Bottomless Pet Bowl.

There are things you can do to get the pet into a good mood.  For example, a cat will get a positive moodlet from playing with the catnip toy.  Both cats and dogs will respond to playtime with positive moodlets.  I think praising and petting also helps.  They get a boost from eating gourmet pet food made by your Sim, but that won't work with the Bottomless Pet Bowl.  Pets can socialize with each other to keep their Social bar up.  When you get enough happiness points for the Super Swank Pet Bed, they will get an extra positive moodlet from sleeping in it.

Cats can only go to the litter box on command.  If it's going in the yard, it won't be until the bladder is low, like a dog.  I don't know why it's like that.  We just have to work around it.

I hope this helps you. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.