Author Topic: Union Cove Snow texture / world crash  (Read 2686 times)

Offline AkitoUzumaki

• Nooboo
Union Cove Snow texture / world crash
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:46 PM »
Hey guys,
So I was playing the Union Cove world (which can be found here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php) and it came time for winter and le gasp - the snow is textured grass-colored..
For those who don't understand what I mean, here's a picture from a thread on another site of the exact problem, not the same world though -

Naturally, it started to bother me well into winter and I said, "Well, hey! Maybe I downloaded something wrong..." I go back to the world page and check and alas, I did.
I don't have Showtime or Supernatural so in order to get V3 I was supposed to download a save file and play that - which I didn't, but the world works perfectly fine other than the weird snow texture.
So I go through the process, uninstall the world, remove cache files, reinstall the world, install the save file, and load up my game.
I go to launch the save file to play and it crashes to desktop.

I've had some people suggest it's my graphics drivers not being updated, etc etc. Graphics drivers and card are fine, others have suggested texture is a problem in CAW and only the creator of the world can fix it.
So since there's that, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get the save file to work so I don't have weird grass snow textures?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Union Cove Snow texture / world crash
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:52 PM »
I don't think the problem is Union Cove-specific; I've seen other people's Union Cove games that have regular snow textures.

Have you tried installing the world in a Factory Reset folder?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:36:36 AM »
I'm moving this to the Technical Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AkitoUzumaki

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 12:41:21 PM »
Whew! Been busy with college, sorry about the lateness !
I did, when I reinstalled the world after I noticed the weird snow textures...
Doesn't happen in any other worlds of mine, basegame or downloaded.

Screenshots from a factory reset game, no mods, etc:
Town view, you can see how some spots are snowier than others, that's just the weird textures. The white spots are the ones with the normal texture, and the greyish, darker spots are the ones with grass texture. This is deep snow.

Deep snow on a grass-texture lot.

Deep snow on a normal texture lot.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 01:38:52 PM »
Hi there!
Can you give me a general idea of how your game normally runs? Maybe you should try turning down some graphical things and see if that helps at all. Lower some of the settings and maybe that will help fix it. Union Cove is an awesome world, but it requires a lot of power to run, and even I feel like I struggle to run it on my computer (which I built for the Sims) for long periods of time. I get the feeling your computer may just be straining to get everything loaded into place.

Offline AkitoUzumaki

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 10:28:11 PM »
I really doubt that's the problem, my PC was custom built about six months ago. It was mainly built for heavy-toll games like Skyrim and Amalur, which both run on highest graphics and even with mods, run perfectly smoothly. Sims runs with all settings on high, I tried to mess around with them a bit, (someone suggested the shadowing was screwing my world up), put everything on medium, no shadows, no reflections and re-started: nothing. Tried it again with low, removed mods, still the same problem.

I tried to do a clean install again and the problem persists.

anything