limsielou - Reese Weaver
7 (21.2%)
Rikki8528 - Alicia Grace Dreamweaver
2 (6.1%)
Serenity S. - Wisteria Dreamweaver
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: June 04, 2014, 10:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 06 - The Real Dreamweaver - Winner Announced!  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contests 2013: 06 - The Real Dreamweaver

The Situation:
Which is the most famous family in Sims 3?  There are many well-known Sims in Sunset Valley and elsewhere, but in this Forum the most famous family would have to be the Dreamweavers, hands down.  With almost 400,000 views, the Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty by Pam is easily the most popular story in the Forum.  The Dreamweavers are truly the First Family of this Forum.

But fame comes with a price.  Recently the Dreamweavers have been inundated by mail from Sims claiming to be related to the famous Dynasty family.  These would-be Dreamweavers are gathering to have their claims heard.  Which one of the applicants is the real Dreamweaver?  Could it possibly be your Sim?

Your Task:
Your task is to create the long-lost Dreamweaver relative.  Your Sim can be male or female, any age from Young Adult to Elder.  How will the real Dreamweaver be recognized?  Dreamweavers are known for their strong sense of personal style and colour coordination.  Perhaps the long-lost Dreamweaver relative will resemble Carina, the Dynasty founder, in some way.  Be sure to include a short biography for your Dreamweaver claimant.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 18th April 2014 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 29th May 2014 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest Team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and Seabody.

Thanks to Pam for giving permission for her Dreamweavers to be used in this contest!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 06 - The Real Dreamweaver
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:18:59 AM »
I can't wait to see how this turns out!  Thank you, Schipperke, for letting the Dreamweavers be part of your contest.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Cherry Ripe Dreamweaver (Skittles's Heir)

Age/Gender: Young Adult Female
Traits: Workaholic, Family Orientated, Hopeless Romantic, Artistic, Cat Person

When Skittles Dreamweaver and Stevie Bachelor celebrated their birthday together no one knew they were robbing their daughter of her chance to be an heiress. Cherry R. Dreamweaver spent her life in obscurity thanks to the first Decadynasty’s failure, never to complete any requirements of her own or share her adventures and fashion sense with the forum. Despite her hardships, she’s eager to meet her extended family and prove to them that she’s just as hard-working and sweet-tempered as any “real” Dreamweaver.

This entry can be viewed in full and downloaded here.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Alicia Grace Dreamweaver(Grandchild of Frank Dreamweaver)
Female
Young Adult
Loves the Outdoors, Good, Animal Lover, Friendly, Eco-Friendly

Read more here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Ginger Dreamweaver ( Midnight's sister )
by ladybug53

Ginger Dreamweaver : Young adult female human
Traits : Artistic - Bookworm - Charismatic - Hopeless Romantic - Natural Cook
Lifetime Wish : Celebrated Five Star Chef
Favorites : Grilled Salmon - Indie - Green
Zodiac Sign : Aries

Expansions Used : University Life - Island Paradise - Pets ( Pets was only used to create Pretzel )
Stuff Packs Used : Movie Stuff ( for Hair ) - 70s , 80s & 90s - Fast lane ( for shoes ) - Master Suite - Diesel - Katy Perry

No CCs or Mods were used .

Ginger is Midnight's sister , second daughter of Forest . Ginger had started to trace her family tree and realized that all her ancestors lived in Sunset Valley . She packed her bags and booked a flight from Appaloussa Plains to Sunset Valley in hope of being able to meet them all . It's going to be a long journey but well worth it . After meeting them all , she hope to be able to organize a family reunion so everyone can be together in the Dynasty house just one more time .

Link to Downloads and more photos : Ginger Dreamweaver
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher

Sim Name: Freddo Dreamweaver
Eye and Hair Colour: Brown Eyes and Blonde Hair
Traits:  Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Childish, Grumpy, Socially Awkward
Lifetime Wish: Chess Legend
Favourites: Cookies, Epic, Green
EP and SP: Late Night, (Shoes, Formal Shirt)Generations, (Swimwear Top, Athletic Jumper) Showtime, (Sleepwear, Formal Pants) Supernatural, (Outerwear Pants) Seasons, (Outerwear Jacket) University Life, (Trait, Hair)

Freddo Dreamweaver is the son of failed DecaDynasty heir Dove Dreamweaver and has had an upbringing very different to all previous heirs and ancestors.  Due to the ending of the DecaDynasty, Freddo was not raised in a manner where he was carefully looked after and watched but in fact was allowed to do anything he wanted. This freedom led from to loose himself, both psychically and mentally. He hopes that he can be accepted back into the family, even if he is the heir no one will ever hear about.

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
Reese Weaver- daughter of Chewit Dreamweaver

Traits: Family Oriented, Genius, Virtuoso, Snob, Commitment Issues
Lifetime Wish: Hit Movie Composer

Reese is the child of Chewit Dreamweaver. In the Dreamweaver Townie DecaDynasty by Pam, Chewit is the sister of Charms Dreamweaver, the third generation heir. After Godiva's family moved out of town, Chewit met and married her long-lost imaginary friend, Boinky Dreamweaver, whom she had made real. They moved to the bustling city of Bridgeport and when Chewit had her daughter she named her Reese, in keeping with the naming tradition of the past Dreamweavers. However Reese knew nothing of this long-lost family until her mother's death and the secret of the Dreamweaver Curse was revealed....

Read the full story and see more photos here: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20129.0.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
Wisteria Dreamweaver is Indigo's daughter, a budding street artist and inventor, who loves helping people by building machines to make their life easier:

Read her full details here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The contest is now closed.  So which of the six candidates most exemplifies that special Dreamweaver style?  It won't be easy to choose, but please cast your votes and help choose The Real Dreamweaver!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Voting has closed, and we have a winner!  Congratulations to Ausette for giving us Cherry Ripe Dreamweaver, who has been acclaimed The Real Dreamweaver.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to comment on an entry only if feedback has been requested, and to keep your comments positive and constructive.

Thanks to everyone who entered.  It was wonderful to see some new names in the entries this time, and I hope the newcomers will continue to join in our contests.  I think all the entries this time were very special.  The care and thoughtfulness that went into the entries made them all fun to read and look at.  I loved the details that you all included that linked your entries to Pam's Dreamweaver stories. :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
CAS Contest 2014:  06 - The Real Dreamweaver - April 18 - May 29, 2014
    And the winner is - Ausette

Congratulations to Ausette! You can download the winning entry here: Cherry Ripe Dreamweaver.

And here's what Ausette had to say about her winning entry:

"Who doesn't love the Dreamweavers? I've been reading since the original Dynasty so naturally I was thrilled about this contest. I had a wonderful time rereading the family's history and looking for branches to explore. In the end, I had to enter an offspring of Skittles because a) I was always sad that she and Stevie didn't make it and b) it gave me an excuse to replicate townie features in CAS (the Steel lips aren't actually as thin as they look ;) ). Thanks to everyone who voted and to all the entrants who helped flesh out the Dreamweaver family tree!"

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Congratulations Ausette ! Your entry was totally amazing .  :)

I would like to thank Schipperke and Seabody for this amazing and creative contest .

I must say , this had to be the most difficult contest to vote for . Everyone's entry was just amazing and each deserved to win this one . Bravo to all of you !  :)

I'm open for comments on my entry .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
I want to thank everyone who participated in this contest to find the Real Dreamweaver.  I'm honored that Schipperke wanted to use my family in a contest and all of you did the Dreamweavers proud.  The backgrounds that you wrote were fabulous!  You've been paying good attention to all of the Dreamweaver stories.  I love it! 

Congratulations to Ausette for winning with Cherry Ripe Dreamweaver.  Cherry looks remarkably like her mother, Skittles.  And she apparently inherited her grandmother Zelda's hair color.  Great job, Ausette!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
I'm open for comments on my entry.

Congratulations Ausette! I really liked everybody else's entries.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
I'm open for comments on my entry.

Congratulations Ausette! I really liked everybody else's entries.

I think Alicia is beautiful and she even has the look of Frank about her.  From the story's point of view, she's not the Real Dreamweaver because she's not a blood descendant of Carina.  Frank contributed to the Immortal Dynasty, but his line alone doesn't qualify.  He would be very proud of his daughter.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

anything