Author Topic: Why do I have to micromanage pet relationships?  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Why do I have to micromanage pet relationships?
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:37:36 PM »
I want my dog to go find a nice dog to have a family, on his own. But instead, he prefers not to do this, literally forcing me to get him to know other animals.
Why is this, like this? Is there an easier way? He has High Free Will, yet does everything else than seek out other animals, and Sims. He doesn't have the Independent trait, or any trait that's keeping him from being scared to talk to other animals.

I just don't get it. He's Playful. Not mean. I just... I don't know. Please don't tell me this is normal, and there's nothing I can do about it (that doesn't involve using mods).

Dellena

Re: Why do I have to micromanage pet relationships?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 06:53:54 AM »
Does he have the friendly trait?

A household that you control generally stays home unless you push them to go elsewhere.  I'm not sure that a pet will autonomously develop the right relationship with a town pet to the point of woohoo'ing and having puppies/kittens, etc.

You will probably have to assist in that department.  Not only that, but dogs and cats (weird with cats) have to have access to an outside doghouse to do the deed.

I think you'll be forced to take a hand in this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:03:15 PM »
For some reason even friendly pets hate socializing with each other. It is quite annoying.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 12:46:33 PM »
He's not Friendly (yet). But he does get along with my Cat (who's also his litter mate). I do have a doghouse for him.
But yeah, even with these two, I have to watch their Social needs (still have to micromanage that to help them green it up). My Cat has the Independent trait, but still gets lonely. And my loner Sim is too busy with his Ghost Hunter job (+ sleeping in the day like a Vampire, only he isn't) to really spend time with them.

Thinking of getting Supernatural, just so I can get Bonehilda and have her be Social to my pets. But I'm not even sure if that's worth it, since eventually I know, my Sim will want to find someone that will like him and get married. And my Sim can pretty much handle cleaning the house himself.

But anyway, it's pretty much as I feared that I really have to be forced for my pet to make friends. Thanks anyways. Guess this thread was a waste of time. :-\

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 01:26:14 PM »
If I have two pets (speaking of cats and dogs), I never have an issue with them NOT socializing.  So I'm not sure what's going wrong for you.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »
I have had issues with cats and dogs socializing. I had two dogs and 1 cat and the dogs social was always high and I had to interfere very little. But the cat would not socialize without being made to with the dogs. Then when it did it got a thought bubble that looked anti-dog like. I adopted another cat and then I rarely had to help my pets keep their social up.

Another thing I learned is that I have a dog with the lazy trait and his social is super easy to raise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 06:57:23 AM »
Thinking of getting Supernatural, just so I can get Bonehilda and have her be Social to my pets. But I'm not even sure if that's worth it, since eventually I know, my Sim will want to find someone that will like him and get married. And my Sim can pretty much handle cleaning the house himself.

I know this is an old topic, but I just got Pets and Supernatural now, and I can safely say: Do NOT get Bonehilda! You will eventually sell her again, just so that you can get some "you"-time with your pets. It got so bad that I couldn't even instruct my horse to drink (and he was sitting in the red), because Bonehilda kept negating my commands and wanting to come and pet him... Luckily my Sim is a genie, so she didn't really need the meddling creature.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.