Author Topic: What exactly counts toward fulfilling the 'Great Explorer' Lifetime Wish?  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
I got a question. I understand the rules to acquire said lifetime wish (which is to fully explore 6 tombs in each location (China/Egypt/France)) but, I'm not sure of something.
And that is, that I've fully explored 5 of 6 tombs in China.
Does doing another adventure in a tomb you've already been in and it says the adventure is complete, count as a fully explored tomb, or fully revealing a tomb count as a 'fully explored tomb'? What exactly counts towards getting the wish fulfilled?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Fully revealing a tomb it's what you're looking for. The game will give you a message when the tomb has been fully explored. You might also be able to see the information in your travel journal.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
I looked in my adventure journal. It shows "Tombs explored in China/Egypt/France", but I'm not sure if that's what you look for to fulfill the lifetime wish.
I believe this just shows "Yeah, you've been to this many tombs", not "This is how many tombs you fully explored. As in every room uncovered."

Or am I thinking wrong? Is a tomb listed as a "tomb" if it requires a keystone to enter? Every section of the main tomb. Say like, the Pyramid of the Burning Sands and there's two doors that require a fragment, are they both considered tombs?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
I believe that all the rooms together make up the complete tomb.  So, those rooms that require keystones need to be explored to complete the tomb of the Pyramid of the Burning Sands. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Well, you said originally, that it would let me know if I complete the tomb. And I was doing a few of the early adventures in the Pyramid of the Burning Sands, and it said I had completed the tomb, yet there was still a few undiscovered rooms.
And according to the adventurer journal, it says it was a completed tomb.

There was also a side corridor that required a moon fragment which isn't tied to an adventure(it even gives you the key in a chest to go through it), and it too said it was completed. On top of it, if you have the "Fully explore a Tomb" wish, it gets fulfilled when you're alerted you completed a tomb.

So... I'm just going to go with this, and hope this is how you fulfill the wish.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Every tomb has a particular room that is designated as it's "end point." Once you make it to that room, the tomb is fully explored, even if you didn't find and open every hidden door.

Some areas that you might consider one big tomb are actually multiple smaller tombs (I think at least one of the pyramids is like this), so it is possible to get more than one "fully explored" tomb in the same physical location.

goat

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
TheGoat is correct.  It's been awhile since I've explored any tombs, but yes, when you get that one particular room done, it will trigger.  If you haven't gone through every other room by the time you get to it, you won't be far from getting them.  It's designed to be placed deep into the exploration of the tomb.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Good point Pam. Some of the smaller tombs require you to walk through every room before you get to the last one. There's one, though, that always bugged me. The pyramid with all the water - I can't remember what it's called. There is this one tiny room I've never figured out how to get in. It reminds me of playing Zelda on my old Super Nintendo as a kid. There was this one room in Ganon's Tower I just could not figure out (turns out you had to use the Hookshot).

Anyway, I'm playing an explorer right now - I'm hoping to make a story out of it, actually - and I'm remembering how fun this is. It's not my favorite expansion pack of all time (probably Seasons or Generations), but it's the one I've definitely gotten my money's worth out of the most times over.

Even saying that, I've still never finished all the tombs. Maybe this time...

goat

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
I got the wish fulfilled. Getting the 6th explored tomb in France was a pain (plus the surprise mummies showing up), but I got it. The Adventurer Journal + NRass Traveler were a real help.

anything