Author Topic: Anyway to stop my Neat Sim wife from constantly wanting to bathe my cat?  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Moved this to here since it's related to the Pets EP
This is ticking me off to the point I'm begging for a fix, or a suggestion. Every day, my Sim's wife keeps wanting to bathe my cat. The cat can take care of himself by cleaning himself. Yet she is too stupid to figure that out.
Why doesn't she want to bathe my dog? Why only my cat? Why? >:(

I know I can disable free will, but I need to have it on to allow them to do their own thing by taking care of their needs by themselves, so my main Sim can do his.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
I don't think there is a fix for this other than keeping her busy with other things. You could lock her or the cat in rooms away from each other, or you could send the cat to some park. Cats don't need any furnishings if they have hunting skill.

Edited to explain why: the "needs to scratch" Moodlet does not give a mood hit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Alright. I shall take your advice and keep the two away from eachother.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
I don't know why this is happening, but you could possibly replace the bath tub with a standing shower.  Without a bath tub, no pet bathing can be done.  Also, try resetting both the Sim and the cat.  If you let the wife go ahead and bathe the cat, does it settle down?  I'm just wondering if you allow it to happen at all.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
I did once, but my cat didn't like the idea and hissed at her. I think because she doesn't have a good relationship with him.
The bath tubs are basically just there for decor, they mainly use the shower.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
I have two suggestions
1) put things between the bath tubs and their access points to the tubs so they can't wash them.

or

2) do away with the bath tubs

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Yes, bathing generally requires a high relationship.  I'd say just replace the tubs with something else pretty if your Sims aren't really using them.  If you put things in the way as Deklitch suggested, you may end up with continuous pathing problems to replace the continuous desire for bathing the cat.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll consider them.

Offline kyalliekat

• Nooboo
She gives the cat a bath every day and doesn't get clawed to ribbons?  The cat is too nice and she has too much time on her hands.  Lock all the bathroom doors from pets.  The next time she decides to give the cat a bath, she will scream in outrage thinking she is trapped outside the bathroom while carrying the cat, which is might be even more annoying.  Make her write a book, practice chess, garden, read skill books, things that Sims almost starve to death before they give it up.  If she decides to give the cat a bath anyway, you will hear all about it.  It never occurs to my Sims to pick up the dirty laundry blocking them from the refrigerator.  A stuck or blocked Sim makes more noise than Jane's Addiction, the early stuff.  Make the cat do mean things, like following her around hissing for socialization. 

It sounds a bit awful making her squeaky clean cat turn on her for being completely annoying.  She can't understand cause and effect, like my stupid horse that I send to his stable to pee that gets to the door, pees, enters or enters, exits, and pees.  He comes out of that stable just short of Social Workers.  Unlike my idiot horse, I found that ill behaved cats and dogs can be a lot of fun when Rover got stuck in the neighbors horse stall and I had no idea how to get him out.  He was starving for two days outside in the fall thunderstorms with a startled horse going in and out and wouldn't sleep because he was too hungry and it was awful.  Two days later he was still hanging in there, but not for long, so I tried moving him out and back into the household in Edit Town and it worked! 

Rover came back with attitude.  He declared the three boys enemies and was no longer friends with the parents.  His wishes to do terrible things to the boys had some high points, so I let him do it.  Sometimes he would pee on one of the boys getting off the school bus, chaise another one at bedtime without my encouragement, just a few wishes come true.  Rover is one of my all time favorite Sims.  It never occurred to me to encourage or allow pets to act negatively towards their Sims, until now!  [:

Dellena

All you would have needed to do is resetsim on Rover and he would have been out of the stall.  Poor dog.

anything