Author Topic: Can't Return Home From Vacation  (Read 19918 times)

jlr08

Can't Return Home From Vacation
« on: September 22, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »
I travel in china, and my vacation is done, I want to return home, I click return home from my cell, and nothing happens, now I can't return home... can anyone help me? Thanks in advance....

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: help me pls...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »
@jir08, welcome to the forums. Just try saving and exiting and then restarting your computer. Give a shout if that works.

-------

EDIT: If that does not work, plan B is resetting your Sim:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,451.0.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

jlr08

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 11:42:38 PM »
Your 2 options there does not work in my game.... oh well I will just delete it and create new sim....... sigh.... goodbye hard earned 20m simoleons... huuhhuhu :'(

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
I just found this thread too:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,1885.0.html

It's obviously a major league bug because a couple other players that fell victim to it also ended up deleting their files.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »
Before you delete it (I had the same with my family I've created to write the Monster Maker guide) I have to tell you that backing up your safe file and reinstalling your game doesn't help you, for in case you will try to do that. Maybe you can duplicate your town and try to change things with the second version of it. Otherwise I don't know.
I've let the family been bucked, saving it for a maybe upcoming solution somewhere in time. Maybe it will get posted here. Who knows...

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
Re: Can't Return Home From Vacation
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 10:34:13 PM »
I just had the same problem with my Immortal Dynasty file. It really does seem like a pretty overwhelming bug, but I was able to get through it, so I thought I'd share in case anyone else ends up in the same situation.

My third generation Sim and her husband were at their vacation home in France and on the last day they received the 'This phase of your adventure is over' message, stood around for awhile, and then continued on with doing things in their vacation home as if nothing had happened. I tried sending them home a few times by phone with no luck, and then tried sending them home individually, which didn't work either. I exited the game without saving, reloaded, and immediately tried to send them home again. I ended up getting the load screen that said they were traveling home, but when it finished, all that loaded was their French vacation house.

I exited without saving again, and after consulting a couple of topics on the forum, ended up following the directions for recovering a backup file from a previous save:

http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,6.0.html

Worked like a charm! The previous save that loaded still had my couple in their vacation house, but I was able to send them back home with their phones right away, and all of the work I'd done on their Dynasty lot was restored. Thank goodness!

If you get stranded on vacation, don't panic and delete everything. At least consider trying to fix your file this way - I'm really glad I looked it up, and hope this helps someone else that's (literally) stuck!

Offline FoxSims

• Nooboo
Re: Can't Return Home From Vacation
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
I know this was posted ages ago but I just had this happen to my sims and I fixed it without having to delete my sims or do anything complicated with my 'save file'. Ok so all I did was save the game and go to my main menu I clicked on that save and then clicked on "copy town" I then loaded the copy and when I got on it I made my sim call and return home and it worked!! I hope this helps more people who have more recently had this problem! ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.