Poll

Which were your three favourite collections?

Arefa - Prom Trends 2014
3 (11.5%)
Chare - The Perfect Prom
6 (23.1%)
Danielle Haydis - Social Styles
3 (11.5%)
Gogowars329 - Prom Dresses 'n' Suits
5 (19.2%)
ladybug53 - Prom2014
1 (3.8%)
limsielou - The Perfect Prom
4 (15.4%)
marwolfer - Ebony & Ivory Prom
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: July 16, 2014, 10:47:46 AM

Author Topic: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom - Winner Announced!  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher

CAS Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom

The Situation:
The final high school exams are over, and you've passed.  Soon you'll be a Young Adult, starting a job, finding a house of your own.  But first, one more very important milestone - prom night.  And the big question:  what to wear?   

Your Task:
Your task is to create a collection of prom outfits for the fashionable Sim Graduates of 2014.  Your collection should include six outfits for Teens.  Your collection may include outfits for both males and females, or for just one gender if you prefer.  Content:  Content from any EP or SP is allowed, as well as any free store content.  No purchased store content or custom content.

Screenshots:  Your entry thread may have up to ten screenshots.  As always, only one screenshot should be posted in this thread.  You may use any Sims you want to model your outfits.  The models are not important for this contest and are not part of your entry.

For instructions on how to enter the Contests follow this link.

To view a sample entry, follow this link.

Contest Start Date: Friday, 30th May, 2014 - 12:00am
Contest End Date: Thursday, 10th July, 2014 - 11:59pm

Please post in this thread only if you are posting an entry or asking a question.  However, we would prefer that questions be sent directly to the CAS Contest team.  Please send your queries to Schipperke and Seabody.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:49:41 AM »
Prom 2014
by ladybug53

The Harlequin Formal Boutique has just received shipment of all new formal dresses for the Prom 2014 . The dresses are all available in a wide range of sizes . Clair Henderson will be modeling six of our new dresses . Come and have a seat before the show starts .

Download Link and Fashion Show Photos - Prom 2014
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Danielle Haydis

Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:40:08 PM »
Celebrate Prom in style with the new Social Styles!

Learn more here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom - Contest Open
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 07:40:29 PM »
Ebony & Ivory
A Black Tie Affair

A sophisticated, yet statement making line of gowns for prom. These are the only dresses for your teenage fashionista, black and white with stylish prints.

To see the best of the best when it comes to prom dresses, check out the shop at Marwolfer Designs.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 07:01:49 AM »
Prom is not just about having a great time partying but also impressing all of your school friends and foes with your sense of style. All of these outfits are designed for the most important night of the year and are all ready for your smooth moves on the dancefloor. Whether it is to impress your latest crush or to win that precious Prom King/Queen crown, these dresses and suits are made to impress. 

Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »
The Perfect Prom 2014: An unique collection of formal wear for your teen sim this prom season...

More info here.

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
Are you ready for Prom 2014?

Finding the PERFECT outfit for Prom is really tough...at least that's what Sims think until they land up in a square box of a shack eating off their toilet because they can't afford a dining table...But it's at least one of the most important things in their lives so far. Being a teen is all about finding out who you are, expressing yourself and, hopefully, learning to accept others and respect their differences. That's why no two Prom outfits look alike. It's the perfect showcase for these Sims' creativity and imagination. Even though they start out with the same basic tools it's amazing what different looks they can come up with! They'll be sure to turn heads, maybe be crowned Prom King or Queen and hopefully find their one true romantic interest...

See the full outfits and more photos here

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »
Prom Trends 2014
Arefa Designs

Spring 2014 Prom Trends have been released!  Be the most fashionable Sim at this year's prom.  Have a look down the runway!  There is a style for every sim-girl!  Find the perfect dress today! 
*All dresses available in the Formal Category*

This year's entire runway line is viewable here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Create-a-Sim Contest 2014: 08 - The Perfect Prom - Poll Open
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »
The contest is now closed and the poll is open.  You may vote for up to three of your favourite entries.  So what will fashionable prom-goers be wearing this season?  You decide!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
The polls have closed and we have a winner.  Congratulations to Chare for her Perfect Prom Collection!  And thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.  There were some marvelous entries, and I personally found it hard to choose my favourites.

This thread is now open for comments.  Please remember to keep comments positive and constructive, and to give feedback only if it has been requested.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:45 PM »
CAS Contest 2014:  08 - The Perfect Prom - May 30 - July 10, 2014
    And the winner is - Chare

Congratulations to Chare! You can download the winning entry here: The Perfect Prom.

And here's what Chare had to say about her winning entry:

"Thanks to Schipperke and Seabody for this awesome contest and to those who choose to vote for me. Congratulations to all the other entrants. Your dresses and suits creations are amazing and to was an honor to put my designs along side them. This was my first time entering a create-a-sim contest, so coming out as the winner was something I wasn't expecting. I'm humbled and I'm glad people enjoyed my collection as much I did creating it. Good luck in future contests everyone!  ;) "

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Congrats, Chare!

I am open to feedback on my entry.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Congratulations Chare! This was another great contest from the team and I thank Schip and Seabody. Thank you to everyone who voted for me as well. I am open to comments on my entry.

@marwolfer Your design and clothing choices were really good and sticking to the colours black and white was an interesting idea!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Congratulations Chare ! Your entry was fabulous .

This was an other great contest . Thank you Schipperke and Seabody .

It was very difficult to choose for this contest as all entrants did an amazing job . Everyone deserved a win .

@ marwolfer - I really liked the back and white outfits . Your entry was awesome .

@ Gogowars329 - As always your entry was amazing . Loved all the colors and patterns you choose . It has a nice summery look and feel . You have a great eye for detail .

I'm open for comments on my entry .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
Congrats Chare!  Your entry was wonderful!  I loved the way you themed your outfits and had a male and female teen to match in each one.  My favorite was the "Guys & Dolls".  I also loved the pink teen male tuxedo!  Very classic prom!

Thank you Schipperke and Seabody for hosting this contest.  I always love the clothing CAS contests!  They are my favorites! :)

This time, I really wish I had more than three votes to cast.  I loved so many of the designs.

@marwolfer - Your black and white outfits were stunning.  I think any of those sims who went to prom would really make a statement.  My favorite dress of yours was "The Madam".  I've never liked nor used that dress in game.  However, the pattern and the way you styled it was awesome.  It made me look at that dress in a whole new way and I actually quite like it now and will be using it!

@Gogowars329 - I really liked your designs as well.  Particularly, the "Pretty in Pattern" and "Typical Prom".  The patterns you chose for both of those were beautiful and gentle enough for a young sophisticated lady.  I will definitely be using both of these in my game!

@ladybug53 - I loved your designs too!  (And this is why I wished I had more than three votes!  Too many were so lovely!)  I feel that you captured the traditional teen prom styles very well.  I especially liked the way you styled the Into the Future gown.  Again, like marwolfer's "The Madam" dress, I don't like this dress in game and I just never know what to do with it.  However, the way you styled it opened my eyes to that dress.  I love the color combination on the flowers that you chose.  Again, I will be using this in my game too!

Styling clothing is one of my favorite things to do in Sims 3.  I love when we have these contests,  I get to see how others use patterns, textures, and colors to create different effects.  It always gives me so many additional ideas to try out! 

anything