Author Topic: Sending married couples to travel  (Read 3214 times)

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
Sending married couples to travel
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:18:49 PM »
Not sure if this is posted anywhere so sorry if it is. I just got WA today and sent my married couple to France. They had their eternally faithful ring moodlet when they arrived. They prompted only friendly interactions on their own and the moodlet stayed but the game kept sticking so I quit and went back in. When I sent them again to France, I prompted a kiss due to a wish one of them had before they went and as soon as they kissed, their eternally faithful moodlet disappeared?? Also, one of them interacted with a local girl and he got the "we have so much in common thing" but he is married to a guy and has never got the attractive symbol around girls.

I want to send them to travel but don't want to loose that ring moodlet they've had forever. Anyone experience this or have any feedback?

Dellena

Re: Sending married couples to travel
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:33:59 AM »
The "we have so much in common" thing that pops up doesn't necessarily mean romance.  Often, it's just an indication of shared traits and they want to be friends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 05:32:34 PM »
I understand that it may not mean romance, but neither one of them have ever gotten an attractive company moodlet around a female nor the "we have so much in common" thing. Strange how traveling works but its fine if I just have them travel separately or do not interact while traveling

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 02:56:25 AM »
The eternally faithful moodlet should come back once you get home, if you have them be romantic in public again, that's what I've found happens.

The game treats the locations differently, to the French who don't know them they are not eternally faithful but if they spent enough time kissing in front of them they might decide that they are, I've had it appear while on vacation before now.

As for the pop up, once again I would say have your couple be romantic with each other to make sure their gender preference is set for male and the women should stop firing off messages, the men might start though  ;D

When you travel the game copies your sims to the Export.DB file in your save folder to put them in the vacation world, and when you go home it does the same again so the ones that arrive back have all the info, items and so on from the vacation, but some info gets left out such as gender preference which is why your sim got messages from females, I've had gender neutral sims get messages from both sexes before now.

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »
Thanks Turoskel...I found out when they came back, the eternally faithful moodlet came back as soon as were romantic. Their gender preference returned to males again when they arrived home. Makes sense why that happens. I just didn't quite understand at first.