Author Topic: Random objects being sent to my mail?  (Read 6103 times)

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
Random objects being sent to my mail?
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
I'm not certain if this is a weird function or glitch of Island Paradise, but I don't remember it happening when I played World Adventures previously with a different EP, and those are the only two I'm currently running...so the issue is this:

My Sim receives completely random artworks and plants in her mail. Almost every day. At first I thought "it's probably some klepto, took something of mine" because, I wasn't familiar with all of the decor in my houseboat. But then the stuff just kept coming, even when I was on vacation in China.
As far as I can recall the stuff started arriving when I took ownership of Hogan's Hideaway (the really crummy $0 resort), and never stopped. I've noticed that it doesn't happen every day, now that my resort is 5-star, but I do still get random mail.

While it's quite cool, because I can sell it and make extra cash, I worry that it's actually a glitch which will affect my inventory at some point.

Anybody else have the same experience? And should I worry?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Random objects being sent to my mail?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 12:20:06 PM »
Is it possible that those are gifts from admirers? Sims who are attracted to yours will often send gifts in the mail.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 03:01:17 PM »
Is your sim a celebrity? I think they will get things in the mail if they have enough celebrity stars.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
They wouldn't be celebrity gifts -- you get definite notifications for those. These sound to me like gifts from admirers. If you have Seasons installed, you get names and notes with the gifts, but if not, I think you just get the gifts.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »
Really? That's interesting. I haven't played any of the EPs between Late Night and IP. Is this "admirer gift" function a standard addition, these days?

I did confirm that it definitely wasn't the resort that did it, since I had to restart my character from scratch, and she's still getting mail.
If it is gifts, then that's kinda cute....and kinda creepy.   :D (My sim is not actively Romantic right now. LOL)

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:23:18 AM »
Part of the attraction system came with the seasons patch, in fact most of it, the date calls and gifts, the attractive company moodlet and the random townies finding you hot just because you got a skill level in cooking or whatever.

It's pretty much just the love letters and online dating that came with the seasons EP so if you are patched up to date or at least to whatever number the seasons one was you will get those gifts in the mail. If you have seasons installed then when you get the mail a pop up appears from whoever sent it to you so at least you know who the gift came from.

Offline FyreByrde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »
Thanks for the help! That certainly takes a load of my mind.
I lost Pangu's Axe a ways into the game, and feared that the two incidents might be related, but have since confirmed that the Pangu's Axe incident is a bug. Glad to know that my Sim's pure awesomeness can rake in some moveable cash.  8) ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything