Author Topic: CAS Contest Announcement  (Read 5056 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
CAS Contest Announcement
« on: June 18, 2014, 03:36:55 PM »
As you know, EA has announced that Sims 4 will be released in early September.  And the plan with these contests has been to have them run until the new game was released, then hopefully start a new set of contests based on Sims 4.  I don't know what those Sims 4 contests might look like, and won't until the game arrives, so all I can say at this stage is that I'd like to see more contests for the new game.

So this year's Sims 3 CAS contests will be ending soon.  Contest 8 is presently running.  Our final contest will be #9, starting this Friday and running until July 31st.  We've had requests for a maternity wear contest, so this one will be a Mother and Child contest - maternity wear and toddlers' clothing.

I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in the contests so far this year.  Particular thanks to those who have supported the contests from the beginning with regular participation (ladybug, I'm looking at you!  :D ).  And it's been a real pleasure to welcome new participants to the contests too.  The quality of the entries always amazes me and it's such fun seeing the creativity that goes into peoples' presentations.

However, it can't be denied that contest participation has fallen off.  I'm not sure why that is.  I know the Building Contests had the same issue, and that's why those contests ended.  I don't want to stop the contests, but if there isn't much interest in them, perhaps we should just let then end gracefully after our next contest, and not try to have contests for Sims 4.  What do you think?  I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on this.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: CAS Contest Announcement
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:16 AM »
Personally, I always enjoy seeing the contests go up and want to enter but can never find the time :( If you do choose to continue the contests with the Sims 4 I hope to be able to enter them. CAS is one of my favourite parts of the game :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 04:25:50 AM »
In my opinion, CAS contests for sims3 should go on, as we are not getting sims4 in India until next year. I was a regular constestant last year, but lack entering contests in this year as my cheap, oldy and no graphic-card containing laptop crashed badly in April while making my sim for the mayor contest. Unfortunately, I will not be able to enter in the current contest as I have no Pets ep. So, I will make sure to enter in the next contest. It is just my opinion and I think the contest must go on till the last month.

P.S. Sorry for long post.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:45:31 AM »
In my opinion, CAS contests for sims3 should go on, as we are not getting sims4 in India until next year. I was a regular constestant last year, but lack entering contests in this year as my cheap, oldy and no graphic-card containing laptop crashed badly in April while making my sim for the mayor contest. Unfortunately, I will not be able to enter in the current contest as I have no Pets ep. So, I will make sure to enter in the next contest. It is just my opinion and I think the contest must go on till the last month.

P.S. Sorry for long post.

Chetan, you can still enter the current contest without Pets.  You won't be able to download the Pets, but you can still create the Sim to adopt the pets.  Your pictures won't show the Pets and Sim together, but that's ok.  Just state in your entry that this is the Sim who wishes to adopt a certain pair of pets, and link to the pets you're adopting.  There isn't much time left, so I don't know if you'll be able to get your entry ready before it closes, but I'd love to see an entry from you again!  We missed you in the contests.  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:29:19 AM »
However, it can't be denied that contest participation has fallen off.  I'm not sure why that is.  I know the Building Contests had the same issue, and that's why those contests ended.  I don't want to stop the contests, but if there isn't much interest in them, perhaps we should just let then end gracefully after our next contest, and not try to have contests for Sims 4.  What do you think?  I'd like to hear peoples' thoughts on this.

Schip, it's hard not to take falling participation in video game challenges personally. I am in the same boat with this year's Tournament events and faced this situation after 4 years of running Diablo II tournaments. It happens. Players get tired of a given game, move on to other ones, etc. Sims 3 is in its twilight. So take some comfort in that fact and gear up for some awesome Sims 4 CAS contests. You'll knock it out of the park and everyone by that point will be dying for you to bring back the events.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
Schip, it's hard not to take falling participation in video game challenges personally. I am in the same boat with this year's Tournament events and faced this situation after 4 years of running Diablo II tournaments. It happens. Players get tired of a given game, move on to other ones, etc. Sims 3 is in its twilight. So take some comfort in that fact and gear up for some awesome Sims 4 CAS contests. You'll knock it out of the park and everyone by that point will be dying for you to bring back the events.

Thanks for the encouragement, Metro.  I do think everyone is eagerly awaiting Sims 4 at this point, and as you say, it's not too surprising that contest participation has fallen off.  I personally am just itching to get my hands on those new Sims 4 CAS tools, and I think we might have some very interesting contests ahead of us!  That's my hope, anyway.  :D

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
You might consider alternating between contests based on Sims 3 and 4. While CAS for the Sims themselves looks interesting, I think their clothes might be less exciting. I'm planning to go back to the Sims 3 whenever I want to play with colors and patterns.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:40:27 PM »
You might consider alternating between contests based on Sims 3 and 4. While CAS for the Sims themselves looks interesting, I think their clothes might be less exciting. I'm planning to go back to the Sims 3 whenever I want to play with colors and patterns.

Yes, I'm disappointed we won't have Create-a-Style any more, although if it was a cause of lag in the game, I guess I can understand their getting rid of it.  It's an interesting suggestion to alternate the contests, Marian.  And that would allow people like Chetan & others who might not have the new game right away to still participate.  I think a lot will depend on what the game actually looks like when we get it in a couple of months.  And on how much interest there is in the contests.  It's really not worth doing contests for a small number of participants, so that's why I posted this thread to get a sense of whether people are interested enough to participate if we do have Sims 4 CAS Contests.

Thanks for your input!  :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
I've enjoyed both the CAS and Building Contests . I'll be sad to see them go as well . I've enjoyed entering in all of them as they all been very unique and challenging . We have amazing and very creative forum members here . I have enjoyed seeing all their entries . At times it made it very difficult in voting . I've had great fun entering these contests with all of you forum members . I personally think that it would be a great idea to have contests for both Sims 3 and Sims 4 . Looking forward to see what the future brings . Thank you Contest Team for all your amazing contests .
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 04:48:11 PM »
I love taking part in contests but I never find time. Whenever there's a contest I'm particularly interested in, I just never get round to it with homework, dancing, revision, family, stuff like that. I would love to see contests continue into Sims 4 but I can see that it would get quite frustrating if very few people participated.

I also like the alternating idea. Many people won't be switching to The Sims 4 immediately and others are probably planning to play both until the game starts to pick up pace (Myself included). Also, I can see how people like Chetanhaobojam (It's weird how my IPad just typed that for me) will benefit from the alternation.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 02:03:13 AM »
Thanks everyone, plus bubbles( i think there is an extra 'o') for listening my request. PC games come late in India, as always. And my home is in a remote corner(not so remote) of the country, so I have to wait for the game to come in our area or wait for it to come in an eshop. Origin only supply digital downloads, not physical ones and I have no large internet plan to download the 6gb game in the site. That's all for now.

by Swirl~Girl

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 06:56:24 AM »
Thanks everyone, plus bubbles( i think there is an extra 'o') for listening my request. PC games come late in India, as always. And my home is in a remote corner(not so remote) of the country, so I have to wait for the game to come in our area or wait for it to come in an eshop. Origin only supply digital downloads, not physical ones and I have no large internet plan to download the 6gb game in the site. That's all for now.

chetan , I've really missed your entries lately . I hope everything works out with your computer and you get to compete again . I've always been amazed at what you do with only the Base Game . Your a very creative person . It sure would be nice to have both contests , one for the Sims 3 and an other for the Sims 4 .  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 01:41:27 PM »
Thanks for the compliment, ladybug53. Actually technical problem came, and I have no chance of entering the contests. I also agree that both Sims3 and sims4 cas contests must be held, and I gladly support it.:)

by Swirl~Girl

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 07:09:53 AM »
I'm sad that this current contest will be the last for the year but I do think it is the right decision. At the start of the year, everyone is really excited for the contests but as the year goes on, that excitement is no longer there. It's just like a great video game, everyone is playing it at release but fast forward to a year later and most people have moved on.

I enjoy taking part in all the contests that I can and like many others, real life can often get in the way. I'm thankful and appreciative for the time and effort Schip and Seabody have put in to create and run these contests.

I think that the contests should come to Sims 4 as well but only after the game has been out for a while. I also quite like the idea of having both Sims 3 & 4 contests.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
CAS Contest Announcement
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Well, I will be playing the Sims 3 for a while.. I played the console version for a long time and just recently switched to the Computer, so all of the expansions are still new to me and I am enjoying it. Plus, I figure it will take some time for the Sims 4 to work out kinks and add on the fun expansions, so I don't mind waiting. I'm planning to enter the Mother/Child contest and potentially the Prom contest. I would enter more contests if you had them. Especially ones decorating houses or designing clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk