Author Topic: Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips  (Read 14001 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips
« on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:19 PM »
This thread is not for questions.   All questions need to be done at the official Domination Dynasty thread.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Domination Dynasty Hints & Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 09:08:43 AM »
This is a reminder for anyone who didn't read the discussion in the Workbench thread -- Occult Sims (fairies, witches, genies, vampires, werewolves) will not be able to get the Clone Voucher Lifetime Reward. If you plan to use clones, either have a human as one of your founders, or use elixirs to temporarily transform your King or Queen.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 11:07:04 AM »
Wow, first post in this thread1 I feel special.  ;D (And when I post this, I bet someone will post before me, so I struck out that sentence.)

(I don't use the term King for the male partner. With the terms "Hive" and "Honeycomb", I was analogizing this to a hive of bees, and there is no King Bee despite what some video games may tell you - drones are not the children of the queen but the male bees who mate with the queen bee to make the larva. I call the male partner the Drone and the babies the Spawn.)

The first thing you should do with any dynasty is have one of your Sims start throwing protests against Unskilled Sims. This will double the speed you learn skills. That Sim, your ranter, should also protest against Not Enough Lifetime Happiness when your Queen and Drone are about to get their LTWs, and then they should sip a Wish Serum(I know it is called Wish Enhancing Serum) to get the other moodlet. With these two moodlets up, fulfill the LTW and you'll get quadruple the happiness, so you will have enough for at least three Clone Vouchers. You want your queen and drone to get LTWs that they can control so they will be having both moodlets up when they get the LTW fulfilled.

Career-related LTWs (aka reach a rank in a career) are fine but you can't really tell if you will get that final promotion for rabbit-hole jobs and you might be unpleasantly surprised when you accidentally get that last promotion in a profession, so I don't like to have my Queen and Drone use job-related LTWs. Swimming in Cash, Living in the Lap of Luxury and Renaissance Sim are all controllable and you can time when you get that LTW. I hope this helps you dynasty players out!

EDIT: Wait, they banned protests?  :-[ Well, THAT was a waste of my day. I could have been playing Wizard101 instead of trying to set up a Dynasty and failing because they changed the rules as I did protests to get more lifetime happiness.  >:( Guess it shows why it was in beta. Sorry, I'll try those tips when I get the courage to play Sims 3 again.  :)
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »
Whoa! Thanks EtnaFan, I love protests now.

Annnnd I also know why they banned rebels staging protests. That makes so much more sense now, Metro and co. Glad that's banned.

My own tip would be to start with easy skills and careers, then move on to harder ones once you're household is full (6 kids, triplets + 3 clone vouchers). Now on to how to make requirements easy...

Clone Vouchers: If you are doing non - humans and don't plan to use the method of changing life state over and over again, then you don't need to worry so much about your other lifestyle partner so much, but I recommend just changing life state back and forth. Stock up on stuff from the elixir store.

LTR: Choose something unique but cheap - using EtnaFan's tip I think rebel influence would be good for one person. Definitely choose carefully - steel bladder isn't a good unique reward!

Careers: Start with easy, then move on to harder. To get your first careers out of the way faster, try alchemy and nectar making. No work to be done for those! Just buy out the consignment store nectar and the alchemy potions and you're done.

Skill challenges: For your first one, go easy. Street art works. Charisma will help with requirements later. So will painting. It's all up to you.

Best Friend: Charisma skill is great for this.

Collection: Products of the first skill are best.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 07:16:38 PM »
I think painting will be one of my first careers - need to produce those masterpiece portraits, but I'll save paintings for a later collection.  Wedding gifts could be a good first collection, just don't get married until some friends have been made.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 09:52:43 AM »

EDIT: Wait, they banned protests?  :-[ Well, THAT was a waste of my day. I could have been playing Wizard101 instead of trying to set up a Dynasty and failing because they changed the rules as I did protests to get more lifetime happiness.  >:( Guess it shows why it was in beta. Sorry, I'll try those tips when I get the courage to play Sims 3 again.  :)

I know they are banned for the tournament, but I searched the threads for this dynasty and couldn't see where it said protests were banned for it -- can you point me at it, because I've obviously missed something!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:49:08 AM »
I know they are banned for the tournament, but I searched the threads for this dynasty and couldn't see where it said protests were banned for it -- can you point me at it, because I've obviously missed something!

You're not missing anything. Protests are not banned in the Dynasty.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 01:21:23 PM »
Sorry,  EtnaFan, I should've made that more clear. I did mean tournament challenges.

One more tip: Painting should be a first skill. That's pretty much mandatory.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »
You're not missing anything. Protests are not banned in the Dynasty.

Yeah, I see what happened now. Glad it's clear before I start! I'm on the last gen of the life states dynasty and plotting the next one to try ☺

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
Oops, sorry, jumped the gun there.  :-[

I didn't realize that the person who said protests were banned was talking about tournament challenges and not the Dynasty. Luckily, I totally forgot about that when I started up my third attempt at this challenge.  ;D

Sorry about causing a panic. Let's get back to posting what tips we can about this type of Dynasty.

In my third attempt I had the first procreation day requirements for careers be both of them topping a rabbit-hole job. That way we get one rabbit hole out of the way and, since there are no nooboos yet, they can focus on getting job performance. Then I alternate between one of them being self-employed and the other having a rabbit-hole. Once the first kids are teens, you have both of them do rabbit-holes again as long as one of them does a night job(like Criminal) so one parent is at home during the day.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2014, 08:03:29 AM »
Currently on the 6th reproductive day of my second attempt, and although I don't regret taking Painting and Alchemy as the first two skills the founders learned, I recommend Painting for the second one next too! Painting those portraits has been the slowest part by far.

I recommend where possible getting close to completing the two skill challenges you planned, then getting the BFF, then completing the challenges last. I failed the first attempt by stupidly forgetting that the drafting table counted towards paintings, so I ended up with a third challenge completed by mistake. Also watch the charisma challenges for popping up when you don't want them. I had a couple of narrow squeaks with those.

Really enjoying this, by the way. I like being able to choose the challenges to complete instead of having to max them all. Aside from the evil that is painting I've been able to do all my favourite skills and careers (gardening, nectar making, alchemy, Architect etc.)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:06 AM »
I also used painting as a first career, but had little trouble getting masterpiece portraits - out of four kids I got three on the first attempt and the fourth on the second. And yes, don't let them learn charisma at all until you're ready to use those challenges.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
I also used painting as a first career, but had little trouble getting masterpiece portraits - out of four kids I got three on the first attempt and the fourth on the second. And yes, don't let them learn charisma at all until you're ready to use those challenges.

I've had six kids each time and they've mostly been hanging around waiting for the portraits after completing everything else.

I didn't have anyone learn charisma, but I did use the P.I. and Architect professions which involve meeting a lot of people unless you raise them without doing cases/jobs. If you're doing rabbithole jobs (I've avoided them for my founders) then you might have a similar problem when the colleagues start adding up.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
When they know many people, and they finally learn charisma, it's likely that 3, maybe 4, out of the 5 charisma challenges will pop, but I've never had a sim autonomously tell 100 jokes before.

Offline tirajm

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 06:39:22 PM »
Logic is a good one to start earlier and use for later skill challenge requirements.  You can save the tutoring one for when you have kids and the skill tutoring one for once you've learned a bunch of other skills.

For gardening, I'd recommend planting a whole bunch of a single plant at first, in order to complete the "harvest 650 produce" and "harvest 75 perfect produce" ones without having to worry about accidentally completing the third one.  Red Berry Beans are the best for this if you have University, since perfect ones are worth $200 apiece.

Architect makes a very nice starting career, since you need painting right away and it makes it cheaper to build your house.

anything