Author Topic: Can't switch active sim while traveling  (Read 1038 times)

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
Can't switch active sim while traveling
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
So I took my entire household (16 sims) to China; however, I can't seem to switch my active sim. I click on their portraits and nothing happens. Is this a glitch or is this something that happens when traveling, and if it's a glitch, how do I fix it? Will it resolve when my sims go home?

Already tried saving and reloading.

Mods I am running: Master Controller, Mover and Portrait Panel (plus a height slider, but I doubt that's affecting anything)

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
Re: Can't switch active sim while traveling
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
Another odd glitch: Whenever I hover over the time counter, it always says day 0 out of 3, though it's been at least one. Will my Sims just get stuck in China forever? Someone please help.

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
Are all of your mods Nraas? I believe we have a section about Nraas mods and their common glitches. Also, you could check their forums. I haven't found them that helpful but it is worth a try.

Travel has many glitches. You should also go back to a different save and see if the same thing happens.

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
Problem is, I saved once I was already there. Did I lose everything?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »
I think the backup will still work. You find it in Electronic Arts -> Sims 3 -> Saves

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »
The back up might be saved to where you are now, traveling. I don't use mod so I can't really advise except to at try to travel home early and see if it fixes and try to re-save. If you want to save two files in the future, choose save as ... And change the save file name. This will keep a copy of where you were. (Obviously you didn't expect to travel and have problems, but the travel feature with world adventures is very slow and problematic in my game I have learned.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
I agree that it's always a good idea to keep multiple saves for your games, using different names.  For example, I currently have House Hunters 1.0, House Hunters 1.1, House Hunters 1.2, etc.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

< br/>
Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything