Author Topic: Can't switch active sim while traveling  (Read 2128 times)

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
Can't switch active sim while traveling
« on: July 04, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
So I took my entire household (16 sims) to China; however, I can't seem to switch my active sim. I click on their portraits and nothing happens. Is this a glitch or is this something that happens when traveling, and if it's a glitch, how do I fix it? Will it resolve when my sims go home?

Already tried saving and reloading.

Mods I am running: Master Controller, Mover and Portrait Panel (plus a height slider, but I doubt that's affecting anything)

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
Re: Can't switch active sim while traveling
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:40:56 PM »
Another odd glitch: Whenever I hover over the time counter, it always says day 0 out of 3, though it's been at least one. Will my Sims just get stuck in China forever? Someone please help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 07:05:18 PM »
Are all of your mods Nraas? I believe we have a section about Nraas mods and their common glitches. Also, you could check their forums. I haven't found them that helpful but it is worth a try.

Travel has many glitches. You should also go back to a different save and see if the same thing happens.

Offline darth fluffy

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:49 PM »
Problem is, I saved once I was already there. Did I lose everything?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »
I think the backup will still work. You find it in Electronic Arts -> Sims 3 -> Saves

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:00 AM »
The back up might be saved to where you are now, traveling. I don't use mod so I can't really advise except to at try to travel home early and see if it fixes and try to re-save. If you want to save two files in the future, choose save as ... And change the save file name. This will keep a copy of where you were. (Obviously you didn't expect to travel and have problems, but the travel feature with world adventures is very slow and problematic in my game I have learned.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
I agree that it's always a good idea to keep multiple saves for your games, using different names.  For example, I currently have House Hunters 1.0, House Hunters 1.1, House Hunters 1.2, etc.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything