Author Topic: Legacy trait question?  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
Legacy trait question?
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
Hey everyone, I need an opinion on this, because I'm trying to follow the legacy rules to a T. My second generation heiress has just moved in her boyfriend Antonio Goth (in game child of Cornelia and Gunther) and his brother Mortimer Goth. I quickly got Mortimer married to Bella Bachelor, making her Bella Goth. I am going to have them have a child, then move them out. When Bella has her baby, do I have to roll the traits, since this baby is not part of the bloodline? Thanks.

Bellalupa

GrowerGirl

Re: Legacy trait question?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 03:59:21 PM »
I don't think you have to roll those traits because they aren't in the running for heirship at all. However, I didn't think you were allowed to move in siblings of spouses.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:37 PM »
I think any sim in the legacy needs traits rolled. That way you can't make a utility sim or something. I'm not sure about the sibling rule...

Offline Bellalupa

• Llama Wrangler
  • I am not addicted to Sims 3! *twitch*
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Don't see anything about sibling spouses in Pinstar's rules, but what I'm not sure about is here.

Quote from: Pinstar1161
Whenever a sim is born or ages up, they will often obtain new traits. Sometimes these traits are randomly assigned by the game. Other times the game lets you pick them. In the Legacy Challenge, all traits are random. If you are given the option to pick traits for any sim, you must hit the random button and accept the trait that is randomly assigned.

Does this apply to non-bloodline sims?

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 10:35:06 PM »
To me it means if they are born in the legacy house, then you must roll for traits.  No exceptions, not even if they are going to move out at some time.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 12:21:57 AM »
@Bellalupa:

I agree that anyone born in the legacy house must have random traits.  An easy solution would be to move Mortimer and Bella out of the house while she's pregnant, but before the baby is born.

Also, I'm removing the quote of the text of Pinstar's rules.  We're not the host of that challenge, so we shouldn't have the rules listed here.  A link to the rules page is a better option.  You may add a link if you wish, but not the quoted text. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."