Author Topic: Fun with Sims 2  (Read 11511 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Fun with Sims 2
« on: July 24, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »
I thought the people who've been playing with TS2 Ultimate Collection might want a place to report on their games.

I've been playing with the Curious brothers in Strangetown. They're the grandsons of Notzo Curious and possibly Zo Wheloff from Twinbrook. Pascal Curious has given birth to an alien baby boy with blue eyes. He's named Cosmo and should age up to a toddler pretty soon.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline LittleB26

• Nooboo
Re: Fun with Sims 2
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »
I created a new family in Strangetown, The Myers

Greg and Jenny are A Married Couple with Mike as there son who is a Child,A few hours into the game I had them have a Baby, it was a Boy and I named it Adam,I had trouble getting used to how fast the needs dropped but i got the hang of it,Greg has just started in the Education career track and Jenny is a Stay-at-Home Mom, Mike will age to a Teen soon and Adam will age to a Toddler soon.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
I had purchased Sims 2 about the same time that Sims 3 came out. Then, I saw Sims 3 and Sims 2 was history. I got the Ultimate yesterday and started playing. Talk about being lost! It took me forever just to figure out how to rotate the room. I'm going to keep playing even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing...LOL

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
I found the Needs Perks are helpful. If you go to the Aspiration Rewards section and click on the person, you'll find them.

I'd forgotten how cute the toddlers in TS2 were. If I start feeling deprived in TS4, I'll definitely come back to them.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
I love all the interactions that the children have with parents, such as dancing while standing on their parents feet, getting tickled, being swung round, jumping on the bed, the list goes on forever. Childhood in The Sims 2 is so much more fun and realistic. The play equipment is awesome. It is a proper childhood, unlike the very basic version that is in The Sims 3.

I'm currently playing a family of three with another on the way in an apartment in. Belladonna Cove and another which is opening a small toy business in Riverblossom Hills. I'm really enjoying the game so far! It is bit that much of a step down from The Sims 3. In many ways, it may even be considered a step up!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
I am so enjoying playing sims2 again.  Interactions are so cool in the game.  I love it when they flirt at the table and when your sim gets engaged, the ring stays on the sims finger.  I could probably go on and on, but I better not.  It is like a whole new game and not quite sure what to play next.  LOL :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 11:01:00 AM »
It is interesting to look on the Sims 2 in passing with Sims 4 on the horizon, and just how much Sims 2 got right. 

I love the Open for Business supplement.  I actually had my family's take over business just so they could earn all the perks and everything.

And painting...eventually one of the supplements opened it up so you could import any picture you wanted to the canvas, and have your character 'paint' it.  This is one of the biggest things I wished they would do in the Sims 3...being able to directly import a picture from a file in game.

Sims 2 was the first one to allow same-sex couples.  Admittedly, they could only get 'joined' instead of 'married', but for its time, this was a large step forward (and I recall some people/forums where there was a major backlash because EA had 'ruined the game' with it).

Weather...I think I constantly had it snowing or raining for the first week I got it :) 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »
I've started Pinstar's Legacy Challenge for Sims 2. It's been tough going -- my poor sim got demoted at work and still doesn't have any friends after a week of play.

It took me about 2 minutes to get adjusted to the blockiness of the sims, but now I'm enjoying the little touches -- the rattletrap nature of the first car in the carpool, the exterminator truck, and the way they flirt with each other. I love it when one sim swoons and all the little hearts go up.

There are things I love about TS3, too -- all the worlds, and the many things the sims can do, especially if you have all the EPs -- and I'm really looking forward to TS4. Maybe if I play TS2 for two hours a day, and TS3 for 2 hours, and TS4 for two hours, I won't mind so much when my cats run away and my husband divorces me.

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »
Thanks so much for posting this! I had no idea this was happening. EA is awesome for making this available!! :D I think I might try PinStar's Legacy challenge since I didn't get into challenges until TS3 and lost most my TS2 disks by then!
My forum name is my cat's name. :3 Trust me, when she was a kitten she was quite mischievous and she earned the name. Though she's not much of a turd any more.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:37 PM »
I still have yet to install the UC because I have heard a lot of issues with it. But in the last few months I had finished off my expansions and got it up and running on my MacBook Pro.
But it's a pro/con situation with TS2. For example, I really enjoy the simplicity. The little things like kids hugging a parent home from work. Numerous other things as well. But there is things I dislike. Like the very fast need decay and no CAS. (So how am I gonna make it in TS4) All in all, I love the Sims 2 and so many little things about it. It really reminds me of the early 2000s, a time that I really love. I love random things like children doing cartwheels, cutscenes, Hines food delivery, penguins, and so many more simple things. But there is things I miss in TS3. Like raging parties, being able to choose the gender and multiples, and other stuff.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 05:43:15 PM »
I'm moving this to our brand new Other Sims Games board. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »
I was having a lot of fun with Sims 2. I started out by making a young adult sim for a Sims 2 style immortal dynasty. She graduated with a 4.0 GPA and a Greek house, but there were a couple of things I wanted to achieve, like big-man on campus. I decided not to start again though, but to leave that to another sim who could achieve basically everything.

So I started in new town and proceeded to have her start maxing all her skills. At some point she received a genie lamp, so I looked up what the results were of using it, and discovered a locked wish to be young again. I found a mod to unlock that wish, so once she has completed her current Lifetime Want (top the architect career), I will wish for youth, become a teenager, and send her to university when she is ready to age up. Then rinse and repeat once she has completed a new LTW.

One of my favourite things in Sims 2 was the little video clips - like first time woohoo. But most of all, when a baby is born. The music and the video are so precious. If you've never seen it, here is one on youtube that I found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75imyLUsTpM

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »
One of my favourite things in Sims 2 was the little video clips - like first time woohoo. But most of all, when a baby is born. The music and the video are so precious. If you've never seen it, here is one on youtube that I found.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75imyLUsTpM

The first time I saw the woohoo cut screen I nearly died! I didn't know where to look! I've only played TS3 so last week when I fired up TS2 Ultimate it was such a shock. lol TS2 is so different to TS3.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2014, 02:10:50 PM »
Finally got my TS2 back together after it broke and corrupted. Now it's so perfect — I have my "mini-legacy." Back in July, I made a married couple named Charlie and Claire (Anyone get the reference?;)) Dabney in Pleasantview. They had a son, Aaron, and a daughter, Marilyn. Aaron married Angela Pleasant and have a daughter named Carina. He is still living with his parents. Marilyn, however, went to college at Acamedie Le Toure (misspelled most likely) and got a degree. (Can't remember now which one.) She married her college boyfriend and now has two daughters, Rory and Blair. Such fun. :) I booked them a beach vacation so they'll be off soon.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Don't wanna go too far off topic but I get the reference and am glad those two get to live a much better alternate life! I watched that show recently with my girlfriend and it was a very unique experience, truly an emotional roller coaster. Gotta find more like it. Pam would be glad to hear that we're likely giving 24 a try soon, hoping to get hooked. :)