Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets Related Challenges?  (Read 16807 times)

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Pets Related Challenges?
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »
Hello! I'm wondering if you know of any challenges (from this forum or elsewhere) centered around animals? Lots of animals.

I'll be streaming and asking for donations on Twitch in a few weeks. I decided to do that to try and raise money for my animal shelter here in town. It's having a hard time and government grants got pulled so it's running purely on donations. The first game I decided to stream was my favorite, of course, TS3! And since I'm raising money for my animal shelter, I figured I should play with as many pets as possible!!! I've seen the 100 pets challenge, but after doing the 100 babies challenge that sounds AWFUL. :P

Also, I saw the modified ark builder LTW and was pretty interested in that. So I might go with that. But before I decide, are there any other challenges you guys have heard of?

Thanks! :D
My forum name is my cat's name. :3 Trust me, when she was a kitten she was quite mischievous and she earned the name. Though she's not much of a turd any more.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Pets Related Challenges?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »
I think we had a tournament challenge with pets, but I'm not certain.  Let me check with Metro (our Challenge Coordinator) to see if he remembers one.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:18:47 PM »
This is the only pet focused challenge that I can remember.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11422.msg224043.html#msg224043

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:24:29 AM »
The LTW the animal rescuer is the real challenge! Adopt 6 strays. It ALWAYS resets for me after saving. So I'm always back at 0.

That said, I think it's wonderful that you are helping your local animal shelter! I'm a frequent volunteer at the one here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:34 AM »
Yeah, Rachel is right. "Bringing out your animal instincts" was the only one we really ever did. We had plans on doing one this year, but then when EA announced the release date for Sims 4 everything changed and this year's schedule got shortened up.

Offline TurdlyPoop

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 09:51:35 AM »
Thanks guys! I'll check out the animal challenge Rachel linked, and think about going for a super hard animal related LTW. :)

JodySuzanne, was the resetting # on your LTW a bug? That sounds so annoying!! You'd have to get all the strays in one sitting!

I've completed that LTW in real life by the time I was 17, lol!!!

Edit to say: That Pets challenge Bringing Out Your Animal Instincts is crazy! How did someone do that in just under three sim weeks? O_O
My forum name is my cat's name. :3 Trust me, when she was a kitten she was quite mischievous and she earned the name. Though she's not much of a turd any more.

Offline JodySuzanne1305

• Occult
Sims 3 Pets Related Challenges?
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:42:08 AM »
Turdly Poop, myself as well. I've volunteered, fostered and adopted from my local shelter since 2010. So of course, when I created my self sim, I chose that LTW. But it has been such a let down whenever it resets. I've been stretching my self sim's life out to experience more. But, whenever I get the point where all her kids are grown and husband deceased (if I can let him go..) I'm just going to adopt all 6 in one save. Then she can just be the crazy old cat/dog lady, which will probably be close to real life as well... ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »
You could do a 100 foal, kitten or puppy challenge.
I'm neurotic all right...