Author Topic: Photography  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
Photography
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Im trying to figure out these:

A Zoo!   
Baby Animals
Garden Decorations
Gadgets Galore
A Nice Garden
Toys & Hobbies
A Party

Thank you!

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Photography
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 07:25:58 PM »
A Zoo! is three or more large animals (cat/dog/horse)
Baby Animals is 2 or more baby animals
Garden Decorations, just use one of the cheap $5 flamingos
Gadgets Galore is either two or more inventions OR a couple of the high tech stuff, like a video game station. I can't recall off the top of my head which.
A Nice Garden - easiest way I've found is go outside, go into capture mode, then swing the camera around.
Toys and Hobbies - a couple of toys for kids, or hobbies stuff.
A Party is a cake and a couple of balloons.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:37:11 PM »
Thanks so much Shirin!

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
I've gotten almost all of them and I am now two photos away from photog. One is park which I just haven't gotten yet and the other is A nice Garden. I tried just going outside but all I get is Autumn Leaves.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 05:55:14 PM »
I've been most successful with A Nice Garden in spring and summer. Make sure you aren't aiming at the ground. I tend to keep the camera at "eye level" with the photographer, and just slowly turn in a circle. Sometimes it'll pop up for a second, sometimes not.

Another option, depending on where you're playing, is to go to the community garden.

A Nice Garden does not consist of harvestables, it consists of the plants found in Build Mode. You could try making your own, if you have the simoleans to burn; if so, I recommend to avoid any plant that will be named in the photo itself (red rosey, hydrangea, sunflower, white roses, etc).

Edit: Also, the garden itself may not necessarily register from your own lot. I've had it register from the neighbor's lot, or from a lot just down the street.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »
I will try that! I am playing a life states and am in Autumn - no way am I waiting two weeks just for that photo ;D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 03:37:17 PM »
Even though this topic hasn't been posted in for at least 60 days, i thought that replying here was better than making a new topic.

===

I am trying to complete the paparazzi skill challenge for the photography skill.

Up the top of the stats for photography, it tells me the following.

Strangers Photographed: 50.

Down in the information part where it lists the skill challenges it says the following.

Paparazzi: Photograph 60 different strangers and your photographs of unknown sims will be worth more. (41 captured so far).

What has happened to the 9 strangers that I have photographed but didn't register for Paparazzi?

Are there particular shots that I should be taking to get the strangers required to complete this challenge and supermax photography in the process.

My photographer has been to France, Egypt and China already and is currently at uni.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2014, 04:56:04 PM »
The photography stats can get a little buggy. It's also possible that the other 9 photos weren't unique - that is you photographed some of the strangers more than once.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 11:48:38 PM »
They probably aren't unique.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 02:45:20 AM »
Thank you Annika an Lisa. So any advice on what types of shots I should be focusing on in an attempt to get more unique strangers? Strange concept, unique strangers.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 12:12:06 PM »
Does anyone in the home have a relationship transmogrifier option? If so use that to change relations with everyone to stranger than take photos of them.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
not yet, but I can see someone will be learning social networking skill rather quickly to pick it up

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 02:19:40 PM »
If you don't mind using mods, you can use NRAAS Master Controller to change relationships for the pic and then change them back again. Just an idea.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
Deklitch is doing an immortal dynasty so my guess is he can't.

anything