Author Topic: Travel Bug in different older games  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Travel Bug in different older games
« on: August 21, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »
When I got my new computer (in May), I was so delighted  ;D  that my big old families could play again, and travel and go to University and all these things. And it's been great for months.   ::)  I've had WA expansion pack since the old days, through 2 PC upgrades. I now have super speed, processor, memory, graphic card all that.

I save like a maniac every time before I do anything. I am so grateful for all the coaching on this Forum about saving, cleaning up and deleting files, keeping most of my saves, screenshots, etc. in separate folders, even Factory Reset. All very helpful. So.

So two of my families (so far) are now unable to travel. When I get there there's no sim. And the game won't "Quit" from the menu option. It will go back to "Main Menu" and will quit from there. So that's workable. I guess.  :P

I have tried going to much earlier (2-3 months ago) files of the older families, versions which I had traveled from successfully just a few weeks ago...but now the same file bugs when I travel. I still cannot travel those 2 families.  :'(

I started a new family, and yes, so far, it travels fine. But hey.

I don't remember doing any patching recently. I try to stay up to date on that. I don't remember installing any new content recently. I am wondering if anyone else is having these troubles. I saw the earlier (May) thread, with no resolution.

I guess there's no hope of game fixes and patches now that Sims4 is nearly released. But I thought I would post this bug anyway. Happy to discuss with you old timers, seasoned simmers, etc. ;)

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Travel Bug in different older games
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:05:37 PM »
This family is 4 members currently, none related.

Gandalfarooti Persepolis used to be named Lars Royal, the Townie in Lunar Lakes. He got fraudulently married on a foreign trip and changed his name to Lars Ameen...so he went to City Hall and changed it again.

His housemates are a Mummy he summoned and who subsequently slept in the Blessed Sarcophagus, named Vivektaa Coppuroplise; a "best friend" bot named Donna Ameen, and one of the insane Landgraab clones, Christa.

Donna is irresistibly attracted to water. Needs to be made hydrophobic. Donna is drilling. She seems unable to locate a pink diamond. But nonetheless, installing tunnels in vacation destinations is helpful. But every time I select her in Egypt, her actions are jerky and laggy. This is the first time she has behaved this way and she is the only family member to behave like this.

Game crashed on attempting to return home. Reload resulted in "no sim" error...house, contents, even simmers appear but the control panel is blank with no sims icons and no sim information. not even simoleons. That is $0 where the family actually has $140K.
Reload earlier save resulted in same. Several reloads of earlier saves resulted in same.

Going to try going back to before trip . But first, going to try earlier trip saves. I have a lot of them.  :'(

I still have my pictures.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Harmlessoldlady

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Travel Bug in different older games
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 12:31:56 PM »
And by "crashed" I don't mean "crashed." I mean that it hung up. The first time for 3-4 hours....just to see. And the next 4-5 times, I timed it out. After 5 minutes of being stuck right at the end of the load screen, I had to exit from Task Manager.

Should I wait ten minutes? okay I'll try that. NB: previously to these problems, the return home load screen took no more than 2-3 minutes total, if that. I have a  really good computer and it has been functioning great. Up until this.

If other families cannot travel, too, then I will try Factory Reset.

Yep, another older save also timed out and could not exit from game normally. Okay. giving up on this family.

anything