Author Topic: Moving Towns and keeping house furniture, plants etc.  (Read 3387 times)

Offline phatanita

• Nooboo
Moving Towns and keeping house furniture, plants etc.
« on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:59 AM »
Hi everybody.

So i would like to start off by saying that this is a great forum and i really hope there may be a solution to my query.

Well the grit of this is that I would like to move towns and keep my house in the original town so that i can return to it if i do not like the new town i moved into. Yes i do know how to save my lot and copy it if i want to go back. The main problem is that i reaaaally love the way my house is decorated that and the land formation I added (trees, pond etc). Im hoping that I can move to another town and then move back to Bridgeport and start off where i left off with ALL of my furniture still there. Kind of like owning multiple properties over several neighbourhoods.

I hope my question is clear.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: Moving Towns and keeping house furniture, plants etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 07:24:26 AM »
Hi phatanita,

Firstly welcome to the forum.

Secondly, if you have modified the lot in any way from its original form, you have to save it to the library before you move out of it to go to another town.  I do this frequently.  Save your game first, then in Edit Town, save your Sim (Household only) to the Library, then evict your Sim from the house to the clipboard, then save the house into your Library.  Now you have a copy of your Sim with current skills and inventory and a copy of the house to the library.  You can move via the in-house mechanism or just go to your new town and add your Sim to any lot in the new town via Edit Town.

When you want to travel back to Bridgeport, open Bridgeport from Main Menu.  In Edit Town, remove the standard house or lot where your saved house was and place your saved house from your library (the middle tab in Edit Town).  Your house should be unchanged from when you left in the first place.  Some items from your Sim's personal inventory may end up in the family inventory, but other than that, this is the simplest method I know of to preserving your modified house.

Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline phatanita

• Nooboo
Re: Moving Towns and keeping house furniture, plants etc.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:09:14 AM »
Thank you very much for the swift reply. Perfect answer for my question. :D