Author Topic: Boarding School Glitch  (Read 4892 times)

Offline lisbethsorensen

• Nooboo
Boarding School Glitch
« on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »
I tried to send one of my child sims (an ex-imaginary friend) to boarding school at the same time as her best friend (the child who received the doll). Instead of going to boarding school, she stayed at home and couldn't be either removed from boarding school or sent to public school. Her school panel showed the typical about-to-go-to-boarding-school message. She even got the alert saying that she would go to boarding school on Monday at 9 am.
It could be because she's an imaginary friend, or that I tried to send two children at once and enrolled the other one first. She aged up normally when it was time, but was still enrolled in boarding school and couldn't be removed. I tried resetSim to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: Boarding School Glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:34:40 AM »
I had that glitch a while ago with the Ursine child. I didn't find a fix, unfortunately. On the bright side, it means you can explore elements of gameplay that are very difficult when a child is at school all day!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 04:46:08 AM »
Also, if you are worried about your child's grades, are you able to tutor them up to an A? I've had the problem once before, but I can't remember if I fixed it or not. I think it happened because of either the time of day that I enrolled them, or because they missed the carpool to boarding school. I think you should be able to use the parent to ring up and cancel their enrolment after a day or two.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:20:04 AM »
Is their portrait grayed out showing that they are in boarding school?

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
I've had this happen a couple of times.  The fix that I found was to delete the child (yes, delete--go into buy mode, turn on moveobjects, and delete him/her).  The game already considers the child at school when the portrait is greyed out, it just forgot to send them.  When you delete the child, the game proceeds as normal.  This includes the kid getting the grades and skill points, being able to call and chat or call them home, and graduating as they should.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 06:13:24 PM »
Steellace is corrent and that's what I was going to suggest if the child/teen's portrait is grayed out.

Offline lisbethsorensen

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
Thanks for the replies =).

Her portrait isn't greyed out, and at this point she's aged up to teen with still no tutor or unenroll options. =P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »
You could try getting the family to move house. Failing that, copy the family to the library and re-place them. Out of curiosity, does clearing caches help with this issue? Travelling?

Dellena

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 06:04:49 AM »
You could try using the Move to New Town.  Give your current save a new name first.  After they arrive in the new world, see if the issue is fixed.  If so, save them to the library.  Now open that save you made earlier, before the move.  Evict and delete from the clipboard the old family that was glitched.  Now, move in the family from the library.  That might work.