Author Topic: All items in personal inventory being moved to family inventory  (Read 11360 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
In one of my towns, all the sims are having their personal inventory items moved to the family inventory in build/buy mode.  I found this out by trying to get sims to join jam sessions with sims I know to have instruments and can play.  Also I noticed they were not driving their regular vehicles.  Suddenly none of them have the option to jam.  So I checked with several houses of the sims I have built up only to find absolutely everything in the family inventory.  They were either using taxi's or sloppy jalopy's and had no other items.  All their food, collection helpers musical instruments, vehicles, everything.  I went through the process of taking everything out of the family inventory (placing on the yard) and putting it back into the personal inventory, except for food.  Too many items to move individually.  Then I evicted them and put them back.  Went the grocery store and got them new food.  Did a save after every house.  Took me a couple hours.  I think this has helped.  However, the townies I don't control and who I often ask to join jam sessions, also cannot join in.  So I know the same is true of them and I suspect the whole town.  Does anyone know what has happened and how to fix this?

Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Re: All items in personal inventory being moved to family inventory
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
a few days later...I still don't know what happened.  However, my above method seems to have worked.  So now, I will have to go to every house in town and fix them.  They should have next to nothing so it won't be quite as bad, but I will still have to evict them and put them back in.  A long and time consuming process and certainly one that should never have been required.  What a game.

So I hope this will help anyone else who should experience this.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
That's annoying.

I've never encountered that myself, so I was doing some google-fu to see what I could find and coming up empty handed! Glad you managed to fix it, but that's really odd... O.o

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
Thanks Khaine.  It was the weirdest thing.  I've never seen this before either.  (Only me  :P)  Tonight I just finished going through every house in town.  All homes were inflicted with this.  Thankfully they didn't have much to deal with.  My own 10 houses and 20 townie homes later...they are all fixed. 

I did find though from doing the first couple houses, that if I didn't evict them and then put them back, the sorting out didn't take.  The inventory was not restored and had to be done again.  The eviction seems to have made the difference and all seems good again.  My option for jamming with townies is restored. 
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Timing is everything.

anything