Author Topic: New mailbox  (Read 24750 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
New mailbox
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:23:14 AM »
Not sure if this is the correct place for this post, sorry in advance if it is not.

When I bought Barnacle Bay, one of the new items is an awesome ship steering wheel mailbox.  Any ideas on how to change mailboxes?  Either from an existing home lot or when building on a new lot?
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: New mailbox
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 04:22:51 PM »
I think it just depends on where you live, unless there might be one in Buydebug?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »
There are no mailboxes in Buydebug.

kacielikeduhh

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Have you tried placing the new mailbox and then deleting the old one?
I'm not sure if it works, but you could try it.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
have you tried placing the new mailbox and then deleting the old one?
I'm not sure if it works, but you could try it.

The only way to place a "new" mailbox is to clone it.  And if you clone it, the mailbox will look exactly like the one that is already there.  It will likewise be in the same condition as the old one, so if it's broken (i.e. annihilated by a meteor), the cloned version will be broken, too.

I am not absolutely certain, but it might be possible to take an empty lot from another world and drop it into an empty lot in Barnacle Bay to get the regular mailbox.  However, I've never actually tried this, so for all I know the style could change automatically when you do so.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 01:43:28 PM »
In one of my stories, I have put a house from Swap Shop (the house was built by Lilygirl) into Barnacle Bay via Edit Town, and the mailbox was not the ship one (that came with BB), but the normal usual one. I hope that helps.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 02:04:24 PM »
So that means that it's likely that whatever mailbox is on the lot you place will be transferred to that town.  So you could save an empty lot from Barnacle Bay and put that mailbox in another town, or put a regular mailbox in BB by reversing the process.  Yes, that was quite helpful!  Thanks.  :)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »
So that means that it's likely that whatever mailbox is on the lot you place will be transferred to that town.  So you could save an empty lot from Barnacle Bay and put that mailbox in another town, or put a regular mailbox in BB by reversing the process.  Yes, that was quite helpful!  Thanks.  :)

You're welcome. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Corgi Cat

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »
OK, let me see if I have this correct. If I copy a blank lot from BB and place it in my current town it will have the BB mailbox that I want. How would I clone it so I could put it on an existing lot?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
You can't. If you want the wall mailbox, you need it in the lot when you place it down.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:48:46 PM »
You would just have to use the lot you brought over.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2011, 02:35:00 PM »
geroo, try doing a recolor of the mailbox, except you don't really recolor it you just save it to the menu of existing mail boxes.  Then try using it, if it's actually there, on a house in a different town.  Kind of like saving patterns.  I don't know this will work but it might.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline SwainGirl4

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
You can only change the color. Just go to build and buy and then go and find "Create a Style." Click on the mailbox and then you can change the color. Hope this helped

Dellena

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 06:47:23 PM »
There ARE mailboxes in BuyDeBug on the Misc. Objects tab.  I have the Benvenuto! Mailbox, Colonial Mailbox, a second Colonial Mailbox with a modern look, Future Mailbox, Junk-Free Mailbox, Mailbox (from World Adventures), Modern Mailbox, Monolithic Mailbox, Post Box, Tropical Mailbox, and Wall Mailbox (for apartments).  I don't own Barnacle Bay so I don't have that mailbox but I own several of the other worlds.  You can also find alternative trashcans in there.  To remove the existing mailbox, press Ctrl+Shift and click on the mailbox and you should be able to delete it.  Then you place your new one.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:23 PM »
Dellena, I edited your post because you accidentally wrote a bad word instead of "shift," which rendered it as a bunch of asterisks.

I've never had luck finding mailboxes in BuyDebug. I know that they're under Misc. Objects, but what objects are they near in the catalogue?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded