Author Topic: Tilt ?  (Read 27102 times)

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
Tilt ?
« on: September 06, 2014, 05:11:45 AM »
Hi, can anyone advise me how you "tilt" in Sims 4 .  I find sometimes the view of the Sim looks lobsided.

Thank you
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
Re: Tilt ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 06:05:13 AM »
Do you mean tilt as in tilting the camera? In the game options under "Controls & Camera" you can check the little box next to the "Sims 3 Camera" in order to get full tilting ability again.
Hi!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »
The one thing I haven't been able to do is tilt the camera, even with the Sims 3 controls activated.  I always used the wheel for this in Sims 3 and we could tilt up and down.  I haven't found a way to do this in Sims 4.  I use a trackball mouse, so that may have something to do with it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:26:24 AM »
Thank you both for your quick response and help.  I will try this next time in game.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Albert Einstein

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 06:39:55 AM »
I was also having trouble with tilting the camera. With Sims 4 controls activated, I only later found that simply by zooming in or out the camera would automatically tilt. Other than using the tab key, I'm not sure how to change the tilt without also zooming in or out.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »
I "ticked" the box by Sims 3 in camera and it seems to have made a difference to my view of the Sim.  Thank you for your help Ellenser.  Thank you Littlesister, I did find a difference when zooming in and out also.  Thank you all for your help and advice.

Albert Einstein

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2014, 11:23:48 AM »
If you are in Sims3 camera mode, pressing down the mouse wheel allows you to tilt up and down. Also the right mouse wheel swings around in an arc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2014, 12:20:07 PM »
Thank you Susinok for your help, will try that also ☼

Albert Einstein

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 07:40:12 AM »
Just an update re "Tilt".  I found while being in Sims 3 camera mode that by using "Shift S" it makes the view straight / correct and easier to view.

Albert Einstein

Offline walms

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
Sorry, meant Control S to correct the view.   Not shift S.    ☼

Albert Einstein

Offline DizzyLizzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 12:39:43 PM »
I am having problems with tilt as well. I've tried it with default camera control and with sims 3 control. Holding and moving the mouse wheel only gives me zoom, not holding the wheel gives me zoom. I hit ctrl-s and it gives me a ground level view that i am stuck on now. Holding either mouse button makes no difference, just swings the camera around :(

Offline dnagirl

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
I am having problems with tilt as well. I've tried it with default camera control and with sims 3 control. Holding and moving the mouse wheel only gives me zoom, not holding the wheel gives me zoom. I hit ctrl-s and it gives me a ground level view that i am stuck on now. Holding either mouse button makes no difference, just swings the camera around :(

Try holding the mouse wheel down and moving the mouse itself at the same time, instead of the wheel.

Offline DizzyLizzy

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »
Oh thank goodness....Ty dnagirl, that works!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Moving the mouse doesn't work with a track ball but if you are in Sims 3 camera mode, just hit the letter t and it will tilt.  Hit it again to remove the tilt.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 03:37:58 AM »
The one thing I haven't been able to do is tilt the camera, even with the Sims 3 controls activated.  I always used the wheel for this in Sims 3 and we could tilt up and down.  I haven't found a way to do this in Sims 4.  I use a trackball mouse, so that may have something to do with it.

I use TS3 camera controls and I use the mouse wheel to tilt the camera angle all the time. I don't have a trackball mouse - just an ordinary one so maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm loving using TS3 camera controls, it makes tilting and rotating very easy.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything