Author Topic: I have a question about kids  (Read 1888 times)

Offline simsfan

• Townie
I have a question about kids
« on: September 06, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
If I make a new save and I make a dad,mom, and 2 kids will the kids automatically have the skills that you teach a toddler?

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
Re: I have a question about kids
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
I think so.  I've made a family with kids before, but you don't get to choose as many traits, because they didn't have a natural aging up I guess.  Like when your baby ages to toddler and to a child you can choose a trait if they have aged successfully (learning all the traits they need to).  I think some traits are chosen for you too.  So, I'm not sure it maybe be assumed they didn't succeed in learning their traits.  If you see clumsy as one of their traits it means they haven't learned to walk as a toddler so I guess you just have to see.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
Re: I have a question about kids
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 12:37:42 PM »
Yes. Even if your toddlers in-game did not learn their toddler skills, when they are children they can still do anything any normal child sim would be able to do. The only advantage that toddlers that have learned how to walk, talk and use the potty is that instead of the game randomizing a trait you get to pick one for your sim.
I'm neurotic all right...