Author Topic: Is it allowed to install the Sims 4 on 2 different pc?  (Read 27955 times)

Offline Summers

• Occult
Is it allowed to install the Sims 4 on 2 different pc?
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:12:47 AM »
I bought the Sims 4 Collector's Edition at a game shop a couple of days ago. I installed it on my computer and then I installed it onto my son's one. I have all Sims 3 Eps and I wanted to give all the special rewards to my son, so I let him log into my origin account. After he quit the sims 4 game, he logged out the origin, and I tried to log into my origin, it says the password is incorrect. I tried 2 times but the result was the same. So I talked about this on live chat with EA. With the chat on 6th of Sept, EA helper had said "I'm allowed to share my origin account with my family" The EA helper let me change my password to the new one. And it worked on my pc. But I got the same problem this morning. I tried to log into origin, it says'Incorrect password"  It's actually annoying me. I can't buy 1 more Sims 4 pack separately for my son. I contacted to Live chat again, I had a different EA helper today. This EA Helper said,"only 1 game on 1 pc. You can't share the account' Now I'm confused. Which one is true? :(
Very hard to be escaped from Sims.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Re: Is it allowed to install the Sims 4 on 2 different pc?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:38:41 AM »
I play on my laptop and on my desktop.  The problem is that you cannot login 2 computers onto the same origin account at the same time.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:31 AM »
Well according to the EULA, you can have it on a number of computers, but it can only be associated with one origin account. As simfulicious said, you can not log into origin on more than one computer at any one time.

taken from the EULA..
The serial code provided with this Software will be verified during Authentication.  Authentication is limited to one Origin Account per serial code.  Accordingly, this Software is not transferable.  EA reserves the right to validate your license through subsequent online Authentication.   While there is no limit on the total number of machines on which the Software can be Authenticated, you may launch and access the Software on no more than five (5) unique machines in any rolling 24-hour period. 
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:57:14 AM »
Yeah I tried to log into origin on my pc after my son shut down his computer and it says,"'incorrect password"  My husband said that he has his own origin account. He doesn't use it often, so he can buy a digital deluxe on his one for my son.  It was very weird and unbelievable.   :'(

Is there other way to play the sims 4 without logging in?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:25:26 AM »
If you go into origin it should be able to choose play offline. If you do this for one of the computers I think it would work.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2014, 09:33:45 AM »
If you go into origin it should be able to choose play offline. If you do this for one of the computers I think it would work.
Where about in Origin? I still can't find the option.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 03:25:08 PM »
It's in the Origin menu in the top-left of the client window. Select the Go Offline item and it will disconnect you from Origin.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Summers

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »
thanks!! I found it!! :D

Offline Ellenser

• Future Physicist
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »
In order to download the game, the one downloading it must be signed into Origin (and in online mode), while everyone else who is using the account has to be offline or in offline mode (directions to find that are listed above).

As to the "Incorrect Password" issue, in order to sign into Origin (and thus download the game), you need to know your password. If you don't, there are options to change your password which will usually be sent to your email, so I hope you know the password to your email at the least...

I had no issues letting my brother log into my account on his computer, in another city, download the game to his computer, run the game, etc.
Hi!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
It's in the Origin menu in the top-left of the client window. Select the Go Offline item and it will disconnect you from Origin.

Flynn

Except, even if you choose "Go Offline", Origin is still running in the background and you cannot exit Origin and still play Sims4.  I've tried and it says I have to stay in Origin to play.  Having something running in the background can cause crash issues, which I suspect is why I have repeated crashes.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery