Author Topic: Board for TS4 Mods?  (Read 3063 times)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
Board for TS4 Mods?
« on: September 09, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »
I was wondering if there will be a board specifically for TS4 mods as there is for TS3 mods?

I know there isn't a lot out there yet, but I found a particularly helpful one to increase the brightness of the lights in my sims house.  If anyone else has middle-aged eyes you may find this helpful, too.   ;D  I have used it without incident for several days and over multiple sessions of play.  My graphics card isn't that great but I haven't found any difference in game performance and my eyes are much happier for the brighter interiors.

Until there is a board for mods or a decision that this will not be an allowable topic of discussion for TS4, please feel free to message me and I'll share the information.  It is also available on the official sims forums.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Board for TS4 Mods?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
Mods are much easier to install now, right? They just go in the Mods folder without you needing to do anything special? I think we should have such a board since the developer has decided to support them further. At least that is what I read before release...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:23 PM »
Mods are much easier to install now, right? They just go in the Mods folder without you needing to do anything special? I think we should have such a board since the developer has decided to support them further. At least that is what I read before release...

You are right Carl, EA has been putting out comments indicating that they want to support the modding community. There is a mods folder already in the game files and it has the resource folder there as well (you needed to add one yourself in the sims 3).

A mod board sounds good, anything to organize the forum is good in my opinion :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 05:55:35 PM »
I'll get on it then. I just wanted someone to confirm that it's very easy to do now - just put them in the mods folder, so we don't need special instructions.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 02:15:14 AM »
I'll get on it then. I just wanted someone to confirm that it's very easy to do now - just put them in the mods folder, so we don't need special instructions.

Yes, removing the launcher and the simpack feature has really only left modders with the package file to work with, that has made installing a lot easier.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 12:25:02 PM »
On top of that, Maxis has actually put out some design documents for the modding community to help them in their efforts.  I personally don't know how effective they are, but they are definitely allowing mods.

I thought I reported this on the old news thread, but here is a link to the official statement on the forums:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/779844/maxis-documentation

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 02:52:40 PM »
Thank you for adding the board!  I can confirm from personal experience that EA has built in a mods folder and made the installation process much easier.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything