Author Topic: Tips for finding people on the Gallery  (Read 19379 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Tips for finding people on the Gallery
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:34:03 AM »
It can be a little tricky finding something in the Gallery. Here are a few tips for finding things.

1. Open the Gallery (F4) and at the top, select Community.
2. On the left, select all. Note that the default setting is Maxis, so if you don't select all, it will only search items submitted by Maxis. If you are already following someone, you can select the following option to see items by those people.
3. Select a category. This can be all, households (Sims), lots or rooms.
4. Sort by.. select most recent because if you select any of the other options, your results will be limited.
5. Go to the search field on the right hand side and select how you want to search. There are three ways to search
   a) Item Name - If you know the name of the item, you can use this option.
   b) Origin ID - this is the user name of someone you are looking for.
   c) Hashtag - some items are tagged with hashtags. You can search by the hashtag by selecting this. Not that when searching, you do not actually have to add the hashtag, for example, when searching for items from members here, select the hashtag option and type carlsguide in the search field.
6. enter what you are looking for in the search field and hit enter.

When you find something in the results you like, click on it to bring up the full details. from here you can save it to your library by selecting the Save to my library button in the bottom left corner.

If you want to follow someone, when you have an item of theirs open, you can click on their name to go to their profile. From the profile page, you can select the follow button next to their name in the top left. If you are following them already, it will say following on the button.
While in someone's profile, you can also view their catalog (button in the top right) to see all of their uploads.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Tips for finding people on the Gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
Thank you very much for posting this, Twinmum. I think my post on guidelines lacked it, and you filled the void. This will see that people have little trouble finding things that other members share here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.