Author Topic: Musicians - Do Perfectionist and Creative Visionary Apply?  (Read 16569 times)

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Musicians - Do Perfectionist and Creative Visionary Apply?
« on: September 10, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »
Hey everybody.

Loving Sims 4.  Musicians and Artists are always my favorite Sims.

I was wondering if Perfectionist and Creative Visionary have any effect for Musicians.

Do they make any difference to song quality or royalites?

Are their "Masterpiece" songs like books and paintings?

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Re: Musicians - Do Perfectionist and Creative Visionary Apply?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:10:27 PM »
I'm researching this with another set of Sims.  Should have an update within the next couple of days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NicoDescalzo

• Guitarist Muscle
  • Nooboo
  • Nicolas Felip Azul-Ra'miore
    • Nico Descarzo
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 08:17:03 AM »
Not sure about Perfectionalist, but I think Creative helps. Also Music Lover helps for sure!

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »
Even if they work, the limitation in royalty and time spent to write a song,the bonus will be utterly useless.

Offline SingleMomSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
Yes it takes forever to write a song. My sim, who just completed the musical genius aspiration, took forever on the third milestone and it was definitely the hardest. It took him a full sim week to write the four songs in his spare time.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 09:58:44 PM »
Song licensing is bugged as of Jan 2016, and doesn't work at all for unlucky players who are experiencing the bug. Licensing songs is not a great money maker in any case, and tips are a flat price based on skill level. I would not recommend any traits/reward points devoted to it. I would take traits that boost inspired, and career boosting reward traits.

I've never been a fan of perfectionist. It essentially loses it's value once you have the skill maxed. A max skill writer/artist who can reliably maintain Very Inspired will produce a steady stream of best sellers/masterpieces without perfectionist. At that point the slower rate of production actually hurts your money making potential. Of course, by that point in the game you can have multiple sources of cash flow, so it might be irrelevant anyway.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 08:17:08 PM »
Yes in this game, Perfectionist takes way too much time and not worth taking since the inspired buff already offer the same benefit without the extra time. Writing is the one that hurt the most since with perfectionist, I am very lucky to be able to write even 1 book in a day without all other mood dropping.

I believe the "only" reason to take it is to take advantage of the moodlet after creating a good quality art but that honestly is not really worth it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.