Author Topic: The Sims 4 Rocket Science guide is incomplete  (Read 31834 times)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
The Sims 4 Rocket Science guide is incomplete
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:29:29 AM »
OK, in the mission success and failure section of this guide, http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/rocketscience/ there are incomplete information on how to get space rocks and other space debris.

Personally, I went through the missions countless number of times and so far, I only managed to collect 2 different space rocks. It would be better if the guide tells us what options to choose to get the different space rocks and other debris.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks!

:o

Offline Enchanted81

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4 Rocket Science guide is incomplete
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:48:48 AM »
Blanchflower, I found that I got different results each time for picking different options. The one that stands out the most to me is the "Yoda" mission, you can choose between the swamp and the jungle. The first time I chose the jungle, my mission ended there and I was sent back home. The next time I chose the swamp and it continued on to the next part. Out of curiosity, the next time I got that mission, I chose the jungle again to see if I'd get sent back home and I didn't, it continued on in a similar fashion as it did with the swamp path. I found this to be the case with quite a few of the missions and believe it's just in-game rng that decides which mission you're on and nothing is static.
Feel free to add me on Origin & the Sims 3 site: Enchanted81

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:05:24 PM »
Blanchflower, I found that I got different results each time for picking different options. The one that stands out the most to me is the "Yoda" mission, you can choose between the swamp and the jungle. The first time I chose the jungle, my mission ended there and I was sent back home. The next time I chose the swamp and it continued on to the next part. Out of curiosity, the next time I got that mission, I chose the jungle again to see if I'd get sent back home and I didn't, it continued on in a similar fashion as it did with the swamp path. I found this to be the case with quite a few of the missions and believe it's just in-game rng that decides which mission you're on and nothing is static.

OK, thanks for the info. I also noticed this with the "Yoda" mission. At first when I chose the swamp, I felt that I made an "incorrect" choice. So I chose the so called correct choice which is jungle but I got a different result on some occasions.

With regards to the other missions I am not too sure either. There is a mission where you have a choice to fight the 16 tentacle alien. I chose to fight the first time and a message popped up which said that was a bad idea. Since then, I did this mission about 10 times and always choice not to fight with that alien. However for that mission, I always seemed to get some space debris if I chose not to fight. I have not tried to fight with that alien since then because if a mission fails, like if you don't get anything, it would seem that you would be wasting your Sim's time.

I guess I will try to fight that alien again and see whether I get a negative response.

It is just frustrating that I tried countless number of times and so far managed to get only 2 different space rocks.

However, I still think that the guide could expand this info a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!

:)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »
Well on a further note, if one chooses to fight with the 16 tentacle alien without any upgrades to the space ship, your Sim will lose the battle. Now I upgraded the space ship and managed to win that fight.

I would also like to add that I don't think the negative outcomes are random if you choose the correct choices. I chose the swamp in another mission and I did not get anything in return. Moreover, if you choose the right choices, a musical tone would be audible. I finally got my 3rd different space rock by the way, so I have left just one more different space rock to collect!

:)

Offline Blanchflower

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 12:47:51 PM »
Well what a nice surprise! I finally managed to collect all the space rocks! For the benefit of all members here, this is what I remembered in the last mission I did. When a mission pops up stating that if you should put a ball in the triangle hole or the round hole, choose the round hole. Next there will be an option to wear or inspect a hat. Choose wear the hat. Then there will be an option to choose to sit on a chair or next to a chair. Choose sit next to the chair. Lastly there is an option to grap the jewels. Choose to grab it!

Well as far as this mission goes, this is the way to get a space rock. As for the other missions, I can't quite remember the steps to take.

Any members with additional information on this would be most welcome and perhaps this could be added into the guide.

;D

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 01:09:49 PM »
To list vaguely what's going on in missions and the path to choose is something I'd be willing to do - but prizes can be very random. People got the U.F.O. plant from the smuggler, but I got space rocks and instead got what I was looking for from the Green Man. I guess what we can do is note common positive outcomes and help people be sure they're picking the "best" path, but it varies a lot until you have the extra upgrades on the ship.

The mission you posted is kind of unique in that there are different points to fail and you choose to "fail" there and get a reward, where you don't get one anywhere else. A lot of them are very simple and rely on some % chance to fail. The smuggler mission, I stopped failing once I got the upgrades to the ship. Same with the giant frozen bunny :)

What I'd like to hear is someone figuring a way out of the space madness mission with an actual prize or a guaranteed way to avoid crashing the ship. That and technical support are super annoying to have pop up over and over, as when you get it you know you're coming home empty handed. The best you can do there is avoid crashing the ship before you have the landing computer/stabilizers, it seems. With those, you can pretty much pick what you want. i didn't lose a ship with all upgrades at any point, but did lose one without that last upgrade.

I think the hardest mission to document a positive outcome from would be the one where you reach the edge of space-time and have to go backward. If you've done it, you know what I mean. That one cost me a couple of ships, but at one point I got a prize.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 06:00:29 PM »
@Carl  Level 10 rocket science now gives the upgrade Worm Hole Generator so you can got to Sixam. Obviously you need Get To Work.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline meubanks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »
There is an element of randomness to all of the space missions, and to the random career events. There is no one choice that will produce the "best" result 100% of the time. Space rocks is a fairly easy collection to complete, because there aren't that many of them. You may get a duplicate or two along the way, but eventually they will all come up. You can get the "alien" collectibles at the science career location (if you have GTW) from a couple of lootable spawners, but they have a very long reset time, so they are not an efficient way to complete the collection. UFO plants (not the proper name but I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment) will occasionally be caught while fishing, but seem to be much rarer now.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2016, 05:49:27 PM »
Thanks will add that @Playalot. Probably need to look over most skill guides this year. So much has changed that I'd like to playtest a lot of them and make sure little elements from addons are in there. I would also like to rewrite all Career pages but we'll see if it's warranted. I need to scan for any more leftovers from the big changes they made to how careers work, as one popped up recently.

@meubanks You're totally right that it'd be hard to point someone to the 'best'. I remember the day I wrote on Rocket Science and it was hours of the same missions, trying different things and seemed there was a chance of different loot for many missions.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 01:12:37 PM »
Adding wormhole generator to rocket science list is done, an error on the ghosts page, improvements on instructions on the mods & CC page, as well as publication of Spooky Stuff. Were a new stuff pack not out, we'd have 99% of the pages we *should* have, but that one is expected to be done in due time.

I will make a checklist of skills and see about improving them one by one in my free time, so that it doesn't feel so daunting. There really are quite a number of them now, so this may take weeks to months to achieve depending how life pans out.