Author Topic: Life Sounds Like: Last Chapter & One Special (Complete)  (Read 13160 times)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like: Last Chapter & One Special (Complete)
« on: September 23, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
Hi, guys. Thanks for coming and welcome to my world :)

I decided to make my own after being inspired by reading others. To make it simple, this is my journey when I play The Sims 4. And the story that I want to tell you is about someone who really wants to break free (just like Queen in their music video, haha) and does something what he really loves (It’s all fiction, and this is not the story about my life :P).

It’s still ongoing but I promise it will be updated later when I come out with new ideas (I need a-ha mode and inspired emotion as soon as possible) and need to find spare time to do that. So far, I enjoy writing it. That’s what really matter. Nuff said!   

Here is the link: http://arimauapa.blogspot.com/

The title inspired or to be exact was taken from Michael Franti & Spearhead song, I’m Alive (Life Sounds Like). I love the song, so I just took that as my title (not so creative) and I hear its The Sims 4’s trailer song.

Table of Contents

Prologue | Opportunist | Wearing the Hats | What's In It for Me? | One Heart | I'm Yours | I Need Your Love ~première partie~ | Rather Be | Witchcraft | All The Right Moves | Superheroes | I Need Your Love ~deuxième partie~ | Finally Found You | Wrecking Ball | Because You Loved Me | Mis Deseos | Forever And Ever, BabeLet The Rocket Roar
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
Re: Life Sounds Like
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »
Wonderful start, Arimau.  Are you going for the astronaut track?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
Chapter 01: Opportunist
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:51:30 PM »
Wonderful start, Arimau.  Are you going for the astronaut track?

Thank you, Ginj. That’s a wonderful idea; unfortunately, I already had something for what I gonna do with him. But I think that idea will be reserved for the next generation, thank you for helping me out (at least I have one idea if I stuck somewhere) :)

New chapter already added: Opportunist. You can read it, here.
Arimau's Playground

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 12:42:28 AM »
You have a really entertaining writing style. I love the the picture of Bella, Pancake Bob and Ari, the facial expressions are super! Will be reading.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 07:20:24 AM »
The plot thickens! I wonder what your Sim is cooking up for Mr. Bob.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »
Sundanese is very close to BI is it not? I haven't studied in forever, but the sound of it just rolls off my tongue like I should know it - and many of the words are the same, and if not so many of the words as it seems, then at least the syntax word structure. Good luck with your story!

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
Chapter 02
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »
You have a really entertaining writing style. I love the the picture of Bella, Pancake Bob and Ari, the facial expressions are super! Will be reading.  :)

Thank you so much for your compliment. I really love the expressions and animations in The Sims 4. I think that’s really good for a storytelling. Thank you for coming!

The plot thickens! I wonder what your Sim is cooking up for Mr. Bob.

Haha, I think that he'd up to no good but still in an appropriate way.

Sundanese is very close to BI is it not? I haven't studied in forever, but the sound of it just rolls off my tongue like I should know it - and many of the words are the same, and if not so many of the words as it seems, then at least the syntax word structure. Good luck with your story!

Yes it is. In fact it's a local language beside the national language (BI) that I learned. I only learning Sundanese up to a junior high school and when I went to high school there’s no curriculum about including Sundanese to study, which makes me sad. Mostly what I learned focus more into national language and English.

In previous stories, I tried to use a subtle version as possible as I could and I have a little knowledge about the vocabulary in a subtle version. So, that’s why many words are the same. It seems that I must search about Sundanese thesaurus which is pretty rare. Mostly Sundanese nowadays couldn't speak (in appropriate way) or write in Sundanese. If they could, I only found that in a small community (oh, there are so many cultures in my place) and the information for that is pretty rare (like a secret organization, lol). 

So, I think it’s a good way for me to show them that there’s a Sundanese who write stories and proud to use a native tongue.  And I only learned the regular one which is quite inappropriate (for me) to say and people who hear almost see us like angry at them but it is not. But, in the next chapter I will try to use a mix between two versions but I hope it’s still appropriate to read. 

New chapter already added: Chapter 02 (02a. Choice & Demand, 02b. The Benefits). You can read it here.
Arimau's Playground

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Life Sounds Like: Chapter 02
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:19:13 AM »
Grrrreat  update. I am really intrigued by your writing style and the pictures you chose. Love it. :)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
Chapter 03: What's In It for Me?
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 09:18:02 PM »

Welcome to my world again, folks. It’s me, arimau himself who speak to you guys. I want to say thank you for your support to all of you either people who comments here or silent readers out there.

To Playalot, thank you so much for your compliments. Yes, this is why I love The Sims 4. It’s indeed really a good tool for creating stories. There are lot of animations, facial expressions (which I love the most) and randomness that happen in the game (glad that I could capture the moments). Good luck for your lovely Fox Legacy!

Oh, I’m afraid that I won’t update in Sundanese for awhile. I need to do more research until I got the materials that I needed. I think mixing two versions of the language is not appropriate. Thank you for you guys who reading!

But, don’t worry. That would make the future updates come quicker. Chapter 03: What’s In It for Me? has been added and you can read it here.
Arimau's Playground

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
Re: Life Sounds Like: Chapter 03 ~ What's In It for Me?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:39:35 AM »

I really enjoy reading your story. Your writing style is very captivating and the way you use the pictures are awesome.

I'll be following this story for sure :)

I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:13:57 AM »
Wow! You have completely out done yourself... again!! Fantastic chapter. <speechless>  :o
And thank you for the link and the well wishes... that is so kind of you.  :)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 06:18:03 AM »
Wow, Arimau, what a chapter! I love the Nietzsche quote and the backstory on Malcolm.  Also, the inclusion of the Kiss Metrics page was inspired.  It never occurred to me to include anything but screenshots from the game.  Well done!

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »
I'm immensely enjoying this. I love that picture of Bob eating gloomily and Ari smiling while eating a sandwich (Ch2 B). Opposite personalities.

P.S. I'm a fan of Sebastian. :P

Offline TobeyR

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2014, 12:53:22 PM »
The screenshots on these stories are awesome, I love all the times you have caught him thinking and looking melancholy. Very wonderful job and can't wait for the next chapter!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 05:03:46 AM »
You are doing a fabulous job with your story, Ari! I especially love the creative way you are combining screenshots from the game with other pictures. And you have managed to capture so many great expressions sims have in the game. You have inspired me to take notice of all the little details the programmers have put in the Sims 4.

anything