Author Topic: The Fox Legacy  (Read 132185 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Fox Legacy
« on: September 25, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »
Welcome to the Fox legacy story. This is my first attempt at writing a story and only second attempt at a legacy.

The legacy is (hopefully) following Pinstar's rules and point scoring system and hopefully these succession rules :
Gender Law: Equality; The founder may be of either gender.
Bloodline Law: Modern; Both naturally born children and adopted children are eligible to be named heir.
Heir Law: Merit; The child with the most fully completed aspirations will be named heir.
Species Law: Tolerant; The species of the child has no impact on their eligibility for heir status

Chapter 1: A Beginning (scroll down)

Legacy Stats Post

Chapter 2: Early Days
Chapter 3: A Meeting
Chapter 4: Starting Together
Chapter 5: Kendra's Surprise
Chapter 6: Completion and Change
Chapter 7: Another Nooboo
Chapter 8: Daily Life
Chapter 9: Jake's Friend
Chapter 10: Jon's Trip
Chapter 11: A Birthday
Chapter 12: Daily Life 2
Chapter 13: Double Birthdays
Chapter 14: Jon's Birthday, Jake's Romance
Chapter 15: Romance Blossoms and a Dark Secret
Chapter 16: A Decision
Chapter 17: Separate Ways
Chapter 18: Boys Night
Chapter 19: A serious Talk
Chapter 20: A Wedding
Chapter 21: A Birth, A Birthday and Something Else
Chapter 22: In Limbo
Chapter 23: Saturday
Chapter 24: A Crazy Busy Weekend
Chapter 25: Putting Things Right
Chapter 26: Another Nooboo
Chapter 27: A Teenage Daughter
Chapter 28: Fox Craziness
Chapter 29: Party Plans
Chapter 30: Turning Into An Adult
Chapter 31: An Ending
Chapter 32: And So It All Begins
Chapter 33: Jon's Plan
Chapter 34: Kalani's Teen Birthday
Chapter 35: A Bad Fright
Chapter 36: Kayleigh's An Adult
Chapter 37: Kaiden's A Teen
Chapter 38: An Hour With Kayleigh
Chapter 39: Uncle Jon's Birthday
Chapter 40: From Teens To Young Adults
Chapter 41: A Lot of Change
Chapter 42: A Grandnooboo
Chapter 43: A Birthday and A Fishing Trip
Chapter 44: Wedding
Chapter 45: Telling Jokes
Chapter 46: Black'nWhite
Chapter 47: Getting Older
Chapter 48: Boys Night Out
Chapter 49: A Mistake?
Chapter 50: Kaiden's Point Of View
Chapter 51: Birthday Time
Chapter 52: Cara's Day
Chapter 53: Grim Comes Reaping
Chapter 54: It Never Rains.....
Chapter 55: Aftermath
Chapter 56: When The Chips Are Down
Chapter 57: Life's Like That
Chapter 58: Saved
Chapter 59: Time Heals, Life Moves On
Chapter 60: A Date From Kennedy's Point of View
Chapter 61: A Date From Kaiden's Point Of View
Chapter 62: Party Time 1
Chapter 63: Party Time 2
Chapter 64: It's A Date?
Chapter 65: It Was Totally A Date!
Chapter 66: A Halloween Party
Chapter 67: Winston Moves In
Chapter 68a: Wedding? Really?
Chapter 68b: Wedding, Funeral ... and?
Chapter 70: Getting Back On Track
Chapter 71: Oh No Cara
Chapter 72: Nooboo
Chapter 73: Daily Life
Chapter 74: Birthdays
Chapter 75: A Close Call, Over and Over
Chapter 76: Winston Snaps
Chapter 77: Jakes Passing
Chapter 78: Getting A Grip
Chapter 79: Kaiden's Adult Birthday
Chapter 80: Girly Girls
Chapter 81: Leah's A Teen
Chapter 82: Kennedy's Adult Birthday
Chapter 83: Mending Fences
Chapter 84: An Outing
Chapter 85: Leilani's A Teen
Chapter 86: Laila's Teen Birthday
Chapter 87: Winston's Ultimatum
Chapter 88: Cara Makes Amends
Chapter 89: Family Time
Chapter 90: Leah Becomes A Young Adult
Chapter 91: Things Hot Up
Chapter 92: Winston's An Elder
Chapter 93: Kaiden's Elder Birthday
Chapter 94: A Wedding
Chapter 95: Leilani's Young Adult Birthday
Chapter 96: Laila's Young Adult Birthday and Winston's Happy News
Chapter 97: Another Party
Chapter 98: Kennedy's Day
Chapter 99: Nooboos
Chapter 100: Making Hay While The Sun Shines
Chapter 101: A Close Shave
Chapter 102: An Unexpected End
Chapter 103: Getting By
Chapter 104: A Promotion

So let's get started, meet Joe Fox, founder, artist and not very happy.

"Well it's not like I had a say in this is it?"
"Listen Joe, it's safe here, honest. I'm sure things will improve. You're outgoing and creative, you'll be fine." Crosses fingers behind my back.

Finding himself torn away from family, luxury, everything he's ever known Joe turns to the only thing he has left.

His previous life devastated by an earthquake, Joe's flight to safety brought him here to Willow Creek, somewhere safe where he can follow his hearts desire to be a painter extraordinaire. Unfortunately for him... well I'll let Joe tell you.

I've got no money, well not much and nowhere to live. But I have my art. Of the disaster I don't want to really talk about it, but this is what I remember.

I keep telling myself how lucky I am to be here, I just don't feel it yet.  First thing I do need is some company. I need a friend.

Not to replace my love, but a new life in a new country.

I headed next door to meet my new neighbours. The visit didn't go quite as I'd hoped but at least they were very friendly and were happy to let me stay the night.

The next morning I felt really happy as headed towards home. Well, a small toilet under a tree and my easel, but home now.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 05:45:33 PM »

I can't say with my hand on my heart that I was having fun.

The nights were long.

And very lonely.

I managed as well as I could with my camping-like existence and soon had built a wall to hold all my art.

My new friends came by to cheer me on and to chat about the day.

Although the nights were still long and lonely, I channelled my emotions into my art.

Before too long I had sold enough paintings to make life a little better.

I'm still pretty nervous of fire, and the thought of my life savings (which is what my art is) going up in flames is more than I can bare, so my oven sits in the middle of the field for now.

In some ways I began to enjoy myself, I painted long into every night and soon surprised myself at how my collection grew.

One of my new friends, who made the best burgers this side of the simsverse, told me I should count my blessings at my single life. He was really being nagged by his household of women. He was good to hang with and made me laugh at myself.

That night he dragged me out, to a little bar he said he knew. I nearly didn't go. I really had wanted to finish a painting I had started earlier that day. How my life was about to change... if you'd told me, I wouldn't have believed you.

She... was... beautiful.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: The Fox Legacy
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
Good golly but your graphics are amazing. I'm playing on Ultra and don't have graphics as fine as these are. Do you edit your pictures or are these the raw screenshots? They look fantastic!

Are you keeping all of your paintings for the moodlets (or for the Aspiration)? I sold all of mine to make money with the experimental Worthington Legacy. It got me through until I had enough money to build the house and then I could work on writing as a career (since it makes so much more money for my sims.

I can't wait to see this from you!

(I do just love that wall covered with art. That time won't come soon enough in my legacy. Too bad it's so much more lucrative to sell it all.)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »
@ Becki, the screenshots are just what comes out of my screenshots folder, I just upload them to photobucket and link them into my story. I have my game settings on the highest, but due to a deathly crash of my last pc I have just bought a brand new pc with the best graphics card etc that I could afford. The graphics in game are just so lovely.
I'm keeping all of Joe's paintings for the aspiration, 25 I think from memory, but they will be funding his new house very soon! I'm trying to keep all the masterpieces that he makes (they're the ones with a frame on) as an insurance against any monster bills.  :)

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »
It's definitely 25, and you have to view or admire 30 paintings for the aspiration. I find that keeping them is good for being able to admire all those paintings, then a quick trip to the museum or just painting a few more makes up for the difference (which is convenient). It seems like he's progressing nicely!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »

It's amazing what courage a few Salty Llama's will give you. I wasted no time in inviting the love of my life over.

I suddenly felt very shy...

But went for it anyway.

The night just got better and better.

We wandered down to the beach at dawn and I recited a love poem for her that, to be honest, I'd just made up on the spot, but somehow it came out polished and perfected, lovely, in fact.

As the sun came up I just knew I couldn't live a moment  longer without her.

I held my breath.

She said yes, at least I'm pretty sure that's what her scream meant as she launched herself at me.

Now things were becoming very awkward, thanks to this guy.

So I said a rather abrupt 'goodbye' to him and showed the love of my life her new home, ta da!

Welcome to your new life, my dear.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
What a great start.. your founder is very nice to look at! ;) I always cheated a little bit with the 25 painting aspiration goal and just purchased the cheapest painting from buy mode and put them all up on the wall, then after I got the tick - deleted them all!  Yours looks way better though! Will keep reading for sure.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 02:25:42 AM »
Great start! I really like the look of your founder, and don't go into buymode when you are working on the 25 paintings! Once I did the homemade ones stopped counting towards the total for me...so in the end I had to buy the 11 last ones to get it to register. Hope you have more luck.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 03:44:25 AM »
Thanks KTK10 and saltpastillen, Joe Fox was one of the first sims I made and already I've become very fond of him. I'm not looking forward to the day Grim comes for him as I usually (read that as always unless I'm playing a challenge) play with aging off. Still, hopefully he'll have a good, long life along the way!

I managed to get all 25 pictures done and as far as possible I'm attempting to be really strict with the rules, just to push myself to think about each goal so I didn't want to buy any. Luckily my dip into buy/build mode didn't happen until after I finished, as at this point I'm a few chapters ahead of my posts. I'm finding the story side of this the hardest!

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »
Your founder is very handsome! And you are into a good start with him.

at this point I'm a few chapters ahead of my posts. I'm finding the story side of this the hardest!

That's exactly how I feel! I try not to get too far ahead since if I do, I will lose interest on my story. This time I don't even attempt a real story, just a report on my progress. But you write very well - I really like your style. And the pictures are great, too.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 12:08:47 PM »
I'm finding the story side of this the hardest!

Don't worry about it ' people will be interested even if you just post updates of your progress.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »

As I watched Kendra Briones, soon to be Mrs Fox, working in the sunshine that afternoon, I suddenly realized the time had come to sell some art and build a house.

We ran out of simoleons pretty quickly but Kendra was delighted with our start. We managed to arrange the little we had over three rooms.

Any visitors didn't seem to mind sitting in a building site.

Kendra insisted that I didn't sell my masterpieces as she said it made our home feel special. Kendra's sister came over quite a lot but she was quite mean and kept saying that she hoped we didn't want any kids, as she found children nothing but bratty horrors.

Kendra used to hide in the bedroom, getting some alone time, leaving me to chat politely.

The days whizzed passed and my talent started to grow.

We had a painting party where we went to sleep and the watcher painted the entire house and tiled the bathroom.

That night...

I told Kendra how beautiful she was.

I asked her to grow old with me.

Kendra said she had been waiting for ever to hear those words and we pledged our hearts to each other right then.

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Fox

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 03:18:22 PM »
I love how nicely lit the inside of your house is! It seems to be mostly natural lighting, which means I ought to play around more with windows. I've already got a lighting mod installed and have experimented a lot with lighting placement, so I know how to achieve night time lighting, but you've done a fantastic job here! It looks like things are clipping along nicely for you, and I just love the placement of those paintings. The interior is looking quite nice thanks to them!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 03:44:52 PM »

The next morning sweet Kendra had a surprise.
Yeah me!

You Do know what this means Kendra? Right?
I've won the lotto?
Umm, no, err, nooboo.
Wait! What?

Congrats! I'll hand this chapter over to you Kendra dear, as it's going to be all about you.
Thanks Watcher <sigh> Well, I got used to the idea pretty quickly and soon had everything under control again. I went off to work with a smile.

Joe was really cute about having a nooboo.

And before long our household of two became three.

Joe spent his days and nights running between painting and cuddling. He was besotted with his little son Jake.

Those days of nooboohood passed in a delicious haze of sleeplessness and a warm sense of love. almost before I was ready little Jake became a lot older.

But just as delicious as his daddy, if you ask me.

Now both Joe and I had put on quite a lot of post nooboo weight. So we decided a trip to the gym was the order of the day. Jake wanted to come along too, as he had the whole weekend ahead of him and he wanted to get started on his homework. He had great aspirations of being the best in his class and was determined.

We both found a mentor to help us.

It was a really long day. Poor Jake started to really suffer as he hated being cooped up inside but Joe and I were determined to shed those kilos before heading home through the Diamond Portal. By the end of the day, after quick breaks for showering and, er, you know, potty, we both were looking and feeling like ourselves again.

I had promised Jake a BBQ dinner to make up for such a long boring day. Like father like son I say.

Luckily their smiles would melt anyone's heart.

Even though it was nearing midnight and we were the only family crazy enough to be out having a BBQ, I felt as though my heart would burst looking at my two boys. I was the happiest woman alive.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
@ Tipi, good advise about not getting too far ahead in game play so the next chapter is going to cover a lot of ground!  :)
@ saltpastillen, thanks so much for helping me to get the chapters linked in the first post  :)
@ Becki, I think the lighting goes a bit downhill for a while as life became very hectic with at least three items breaking every sim day, :o not to mention things needing cleaning, so if you look closely in chapter 6 you'll see a wall light on a window!! lol

anything