Author Topic: A Life State Dynasty for SCIENCE! - Graveyard Please  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
A Life State Dynasty for SCIENCE! - Graveyard Please
« on: October 10, 2019, 10:10:16 AM »
I won't be continuing on with this, so feel free to move it to the graveyard. My science experiments weren't coming up with desired results :)

That is not to say I'm not playing two Sims 3 immortal dynasties at the moment, one that is Aggie free (and outside of Sunset Valley) and one that is full of Agginess and social networkiness (and in Sunset Valley, unsurprisingly). :)

So, @Trip and I were talking over in the Lifestates Dynasty Hints Thread about the difficulties of doing a Life States Dynasty in Union Cove, go there to see what we said if you're interested.

I'll be here while you do so ...

Oh, you're back? That's nice.

So, this is basically me trying that thing I asked Trip about in that thread, namely "can those ghosts that pop up in the Ghost Hunter profession become spouse material, or are they just a temporary thing, even more temporary than ghosts which are well ... incorporeal.

Now then, I followed the rules for creating a founder and as Trip suggested in that thread, I made him a witch, Name of Alch Emy.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
That's him there! As you can see, he's an impressive founder with an impressive list of traits! Don't believe me? Let's see them, shall we
* Light Sleeper - so no burglars
* Savvy Sculptor - if the magic thing doesn't work out, he's got another line of work to pursue
* Mooch - so he can ask strangers for more
* Schmoozer - while telling them how wonderful they are
and ... perhaps most important of all ...
* Supernatural Sceptic - so what, he doesn't actually believe witches exist? He doesn't think he does magic? Remember what I said about the Savvy Sculptor thing and magic not working out?
LTW - Choice was Descendant of Da Vinci, Mystic Healer, Zombie Master, Celebrity Psychic, Leader of the Free World ... hmmm - Celebrity Psychic it is.

OK then, let's see ...
1 Best Friend (non normal/non household member) -
2 Placable Career Rewards -
3 Unique Opportunities -
4 Unique LTHRs -
5 Unique Regular Wishes (5k or more) -
6 Unique Skill Challenges -
7 Items of a Given Type -

So day 1, he's been and got his profession as a ghost hunter started and he's learnt logic to level 3 by reading in the library.

Look at the supernatural sceptic, riding a broom

While at the library he saw Charlie Sheen, putting on a weird face.

Also there was a paparazzi in a witch's hat.

He went home to his field and fell asleep in his sleeping bag next to the small bathroom. In the back yard his sunflowers are making mini suns.
He wants to upgrade his bathroom facilities and eat the apples he conjures.

Oh and he purchased some potions - super duper friendship potions, vampire sun protection potions and others.

As for me, it is 10 past midnight so I'm off to my bed, which is not a sleeping bag.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: A Life State Dynasty for SCIENCE!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 10:43:25 AM »
I created a monster here! But I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't curious too. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 04:52:44 AM »
Well, I got home from work and tried to continue playing it, but got a bug. It was the bug where the user interface only partly appeared. And I didn't have a save game, as it was 'only' Thursday week 1 in game, so I restarted. :) I've disabled Into the Future this time (I forgot about that pack making non ITF skill opportunities a non-thing.) So let's go ... again.

This time, our founder is Roy Azaria, he's still a witch, but the game rolled him a different set of traits
Friendly
Proper
Great Kisser
Born Salesman and
Supernatural Fan.

So, he's not a sculptor, but he's also not sceptical about being a witch.

I also made him yellow.

And he's been set up on Green Acres because, as everyone knows, Green Acres is the place to be.

Off he goes to learn logic, improve logic and become a ghost hunter to see if the ghost hunter profession ghosts can become spouses. :)

1 Best Friend (non normal/non household member) -
2 Placable Career Rewards -
3 Unique Opportunities -
4 Unique LTHRs - Megathrust Flying Vacuum
5 Unique Regular Wishes (5k or more) -
6 Unique Skill Challenges -
7 Items of a Given Type -

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 11:56:51 AM »
I am skeptical about those pesky ghosts being spousable. It's easy to befriend them, and even become best friends, but I don't think there's ever a move in option. I've honestly never tried anything romantic with them...well, I means my sims. They are almost always attracted to my ghost hunters. I'm curious to see the outcome of your science project.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
Ok, I think the moving in thing is not possible with ghosts from the ghost hunter profession.

I got to level 7 career, got a job to do the angry ghost banishing. The ghost worked to being a friend with my sim, I was able to invite it to dinner with me, but it didn't leave the property. It gave me the option of romancing the stone ghost, but no options to move her in.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »
 Hnnn ... I wonder if the Sim finder app may help with finding non human sim lifestates, probably not straight away, but SCIENCETM demands it, doesn't it?

Just realised I didn't tick to allow vampires, fairies and werewolves in advanced demographics ... so it looks like that is it for this 2nd experiment.

Next one will be witch to library to read social networking and ask for sim finder to find new sims through sim finder.

Ok, when I only put in I want age/gender/star sign but leave the traits blank, I only get one of the pre-existing townies. So it looks like that won't do it for me either.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: A Life State Dynasty for SCIENCE! - Graveyard Please
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 10:58:35 PM »
My Science experiment failed ... but it may have been the abilities of the player than anything else :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: A Life State Dynasty for SCIENCE! - Graveyard Please
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 11:06:13 PM »
What a shame, but thanks for testing!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded