Author Topic: Sims going on a diet?  (Read 129856 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Sims going on a diet?
« on: October 18, 2014, 02:44:56 PM »
One thing I wish could be added....
Fitness can be a part of our Sims lives and there are several ways to keep your Sim fit.  Would be really nice if they added a feature so our Sims could go on a diet when they start to gain weight.  I know they can work out/jog, but I have read a lot of posts about Sims going buff after doing so.  Not everyone wants their Sims buff. Was just thinking about this after viewing my Sims and how their hips are getting wider and wider!

Offline Devin

• Occult
Re: Sim's going on a diet?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
Sims do gain weight based on what they're eating, so that's at least that part of the equation. I'm not sure if it will help them to lose weight, but it does influence weight gain. Eat less and eat healthier foods and sims won't gain the weight.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:25:40 AM »
Wow, do they really gain weight based on what they eat? I started wondering about that when all of my sims starting getting really overweight, and I have to keep them exercising all of the time, which is really annoying. I hate going to the gym in real life enough already!

Looks like it's Garden Salads for my sims from now on...

That's unfortunate, though, I love having them make a wide variety of dishes for fun.

Offline Devin

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:44:06 AM »
Having them eat in limited quantities also helps, regardless of what they're eating. I've managed to maintain weight with sims eating a variety of foods through multiple generations before.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 01:11:11 AM »
My sims only really eat trout meuniere since that fills them up completely and gives them the best buff. I preferred it when meal quality determined the buff value. They are all getting very hefty. If they had the time they would be going for a daily jog, but alas, they are all too busy with legacy requirements.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 02:47:51 AM »
My sims only really eat trout meuniere since that fills them up completely and gives them the best buff. I preferred it when meal quality determined the buff value. They are all getting very hefty. If they had the time they would be going for a daily jog, but alas, they are all too busy with legacy requirements.

@_Annika_ What are legacy requirements? Is it part of the game or a self-created challenge?

Thanks!

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 03:37:51 AM »
I had no idea if Sims ate certain types of food they will gain weight faster..
I know Kenzie is a great cook and I like to have her create different foods.. guess I will experiment on making healthier foods.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
My guess is that how healthy the meal is doesn't matter, but how much they eat does.  If they eat well beyond the point when their bar is full, they will gain weight.  If you're concerned about it, you can wait until their bar is really low to have them eat, or have them stop eating when the bar is full.  It does seem like it's easier for them to gain weight than it was in The Sims 2, which is too bad.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 05:57:56 PM »
@_Annika_ What are legacy requirements? Is it part of the game or a self-created challenge?

Thanks!

The Legacy Challenge was created by Pinstar, and the rules can be found here:

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-gameplay-rules/

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 10:30:53 AM »
Foods in the Sims 4 actually have calorie values assigned to them in the game. For example, Trout Meuniere has 565 calories and Garden Salad has 50 calories.
Never send to know for whom the Cowplant's bell tolls; It tolls for thee...

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 10:33:23 AM »
Foods in the Sims 4 actually have calorie values assigned to them in the game. For example, Trout Meuniere has 565 calories and Garden Salad has 50 calories.
Only 50 calories for a salad?  They must not even use dressing.  How bland.

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 11:00:57 AM »
It's no wonder my own Sims had started to gain weight: It looks like Lobster Thermidor has the highest calorie count in the game at 800, the cakes come in at 500, and the only food that surpasses it is the Insta-Large potion at 10,000,000 calories.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:47 AM »

@ReubenHood where did you get the information about the calorie content of The Sims 4 food? Is it listed somewhere or can it be found in the game?

Thanks!

Offline ReubenHood

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 12:16:04 PM »
@ReubenHood where did you get the information about the calorie content of The Sims 4 food? Is it listed somewhere or can it be found in the game?

Thanks!

It's something I noticed when I was looking through the game files. I'm pretty sure it's not something you can find in-game, at least not yet.

Offline lindsaysoderberg

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »
It's something I noticed when I was looking through the game files. I'm pretty sure it's not something you can find in-game, at least not yet.

Interesting. While you're inside the game files, do you see anything about the algorithm they use to determine how many calories equal your sim becoming super fat, like some of mine!  :D

It really has been annoying me.

On the other hand, we could also think of it as an in-game public service message reminding us to eat healthy and to get away from our computers, go outside, and get some exercise!  ;)

Also, I have a tiny bit of programming experience. Is it possible to explain to me in a few sentences how to go about looking inside those files.