Author Topic: Teens, Young Adults, and Adults  (Read 23383 times)

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
Teens, Young Adults, and Adults
« on: October 23, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
Well, my founder and her husband just had their birthdays and I did a major oops.  After they blew out their candles, Kenzie aged up first, and to my surprise, becoming an adult wasn't so bad.  She didn't really look different, and I did NOT have to change her clothes or hair! Now Damon on the other hand... this is where the major oops comes in, and why I put in the subject line, teens, young adults and adults. So apparently, you can't tell young adult's from adult's either. So Damon aged up and the notification wall states he was becoming an Elder!!!!!!!! I was like, WHAT????? Yes, yes..he is now an elder.  How in the world did I miss the fact that he was already an Adult????  I am depressed now lol

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Teens, Young Adults, and Adults
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »
Oh what a downer! I really dislike 'surprises' like that. I accidently aged up the wrong sim, wasn't really concentrating and thought I was clicking 'celebrate' but , nope, he blew out the candles and moved onto being an adult. Lost time... lost time... <shakes head> ::)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 07:39:59 PM »
I know how you feel! I'm currently trying to find a decent spouse for my Sim but anytime I see someone suitable, I find they're either an adult or a teen.  ::)  *sigh* C'est la vie.

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:48:03 AM »
I know how you feel! I'm currently trying to find a decent spouse for my Sim but anytime I see someone suitable, I find they're either an adult or a teen.  ::)  *sigh* C'est la vie.
When I had Kenzie looking for a decent/good looking guy, I had no idea I was supposed to see if he was a y adult or an adult. So how are you supposed to tell? Not by looks, thats for sure lol

Offline Marishkah

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:52:24 AM »
I just couldn't stand it any longer! Damon has too much stuff that he has to get done before he dies. So I turned him back to adult, seeing as I feel I was cheated lol (It was my fault, but still lol)

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:08 AM »

There is an aging process it just isn't overly noticeable which I like. To quickly know a teen from a young adult do your introduction then check your friends panel. If they have 2 unknown traits they are teens if they have 3 they are young adults, adults, or elders. From there learning the features and how they age in the game is really the only other way and well even as someone who spent tons of time analyzing that stuff I still guess wrong sometimes.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 03:29:55 AM »
What is the rough age of an adult? Everyone's idea of a young adult in real life would be different. To me, anyone under about 35 I deem a young adult. But what about in the sims?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 03:36:23 AM »
What is the rough age of an adult? Everyone's idea of a young adult in real life would be different. To me, anyone under about 35 I deem a young adult. But what about in the sims?

If I based it off of sims 4 and other sim titles I'd say it's...

Child - 6-12
Teen - 13-17
Young Adult - 18- 35
Adult - 36-59
Elder - 60+

I say that due to when midlife crisis hit in sims 3 and what skills or options are available that are age dependent in this and other titles.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 04:29:04 AM »
If I based it off of sims 4 and other sim titles I'd say it's...

Child - 6-12
Teen - 13-17
Young Adult - 18- 35
Adult - 36-59
Elder - 60+

I say that due to when midlife crisis hit in sims 3 and what skills or options are available that are age dependent in this and other titles.
A little off topic, but I had been wondering whether The Sims series would define me as a young adult or adult, and was afraid that it would be adult.  With these age ranges the good news is I'm still a young adult, but the bad news is my adult birthday is approaching.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 07:21:04 AM »
I'd say the child stage is more 5-9. I mean they definitely don't look like 10-12 year olds. My brother is 11 and it was really frustrating trying to make his sim, because he doesn't look old enough to be a teen in-game, but he looks about 5 years older than the children. (Which is why I'm hoping if they give us toddlers in an expansion pack, they should also give us pre-teens or something...). And I'm around 14 and even though I've most likely reached my full adult height, my Sim still looks way older than I actually am.

When I had Kenzie looking for a decent/good looking guy, I had no idea I was supposed to see if he was a y adult or an adult. So how are you supposed to tell? Not by looks, thats for sure lol
There is an aging process it just isn't overly noticeable which I like. To quickly know a teen from a young adult do your introduction then check your friends panel. If they have 2 unknown traits they are teens if they have 3 they are young adults, adults, or elders. From there learning the features and how they age in the game is really the only other way and well even as someone who spent tons of time analyzing that stuff I still guess wrong sometimes.

That's basically how I tell YA from A. I pause and zoom in real close to get a good look at his face. If there are wrinkles, he's an adult.

Dellena

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 10:18:50 AM »
I'm still on holiday so can't access my game but it seems to me there was an intreaction to ask someone their age somewhere.  Am I dreaming?

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
I'm still on holiday so can't access my game but it seems to me there was an intreaction to ask someone their age somewhere.  Am I dreaming?

There is but it doesn't give a response it's just an interaction

Offline scapozio

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2015, 03:39:29 AM »
My adopted son has reached Young Adult and is ready to move out. I have built him a studio apartment and now I cannot find an option to move him (and only him) to his new house. He has his own Secret Agent career.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »
@scapozio  welcome to the forum. Carl has written a guide on how to move out sims. Follow the link for more info. Good luck with your game.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 05:55:35 PM »
The easiest way for me to find out if someone is a teen, ya, or adult is mouse over the sim and read the words above their heads.  It tells you in a little box what their name and ages are.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything