Author Topic: Something Odd Happening in my Legacy Game  (Read 2501 times)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
Something Odd Happening in my Legacy Game
« on: October 24, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
I'm doing a legacy but not following the rules posted , but I'm not using cheats . I'm now working on my fifth generation . When I have an heir just about ready to become a young adult I most times create a sim and leave him/her in my library until I'm ready to place him/her in the world . I've just created a female yesterday for my next heir but today while playing I sent one of my sims to the gym and this newly created sim form my library was there working out . This is the forth time this has happened . Now this new female will be too old for my heir by the time he's ready . Has anyone else experienced this ?
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Something Odd Happening in my Legacy Game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 05:20:51 PM »
There was some talk on the modthesims forum about peoples games being populated with sims from their own library. I've been looking for the link for you but can't find it. I haven't had it happen to me yet but it definitely is a 'thing'! (I'll edit and post the link if I find it.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 05:31:06 PM »
If this keeps happening , I'll just have to create more . The first time this happened to me I was shocked , I knew I hadn't placed that sim in my game as I only had created and placed two small families with one child each . But this is the forth time this has happened . It's always only been a newly created sim that has appeared in my game . How interesting !
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »
I wonder if it's a 'new thing' with the latest patch? Not that it really matters I guess. I really don't want it happening in my legacy as the last sim I made was my selfsim. The first time I've actually made 'me'... I so don't want myself wandering around in my own legacy.  :o

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
The first time it happened was quite a while before the last patch . The last time it happened was today , plus two more in between .
ladybug53's Studio

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »
You can use the Manage World and remove that sim from your world.  My advice would be to not create a sim in your library for your legacy until you're ready to actually place them in your world.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 10:59:46 AM »
You can use the Manage World and remove that sim from your world.  My advice would be to not create a sim in your library for your legacy until you're ready to actually place them in your world.

I know , I should have waited but had free time , plus I love creating sims . Next time I'll wait till the sim is needed before creating a new one .  I never thought of using Manage Wold to remove the sim . I think I was too shocked to even think .  :P
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 10:58:32 PM »
I can't believe it! I totally jinxed myself... guess who's wandering around as a townie in my legacy game? Yep, my simself!  :o I was so stunned by the time I tried to zoom in to get a screen shot my simself had walked off the edge of the lot.
It was so weird, I know a lot of people do play themselves etc but I never do... not sure that I like it.  ::)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 05:50:12 AM »
I can't believe it! I totally jinxed myself... guess who's wandering around as a townie in my legacy game? Yep, my simself!  :o I was so stunned by the time I tried to zoom in to get a screen shot my simself had walked off the edge of the lot.
It was so weird, I know a lot of people do play themselves etc but I never do... not sure that I like it.  ::)

That's too bad Playalot , but on the other hand I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one that this is happening to on this forum .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline justproud2b

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:40 PM »
Sorry this is bad for you guys. I kind of like it but that's because I will always think I do better at creating sims that the game. So I like I can create a bunch and they'll randomly show up. I would however like it to be a checked option per game as I can see the downside.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:33 PM »
Yes, a check box would be really good. Lol I think that some of the sims I've made are way cuter than premade sims too... but it would be nice to have the option.
 I've been playing some of my older saved games to see if other sims have populated in them... and they have, I just never noticed. In my first ever game two of my own sims are in there... they haven't moved into a house but I saw one playing chess in the park and the other at the Rattlesnake. I guess I was too busy focusing on my controlled sim to notice. ???

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 05:38:53 AM »
A few of them I didn't mind being there but this last one I really had plans for . No problem though , I'll just create an other one to replace her . It's not like I hate creating sims , I really do love it .  :)
ladybug53's Studio

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 01:50:05 PM »
I think it's actually pretty cool :P sorry that you guys don't like it. I would find it amusing to see myself in my sims game. (I've made a simself too and some family members). But I haven't noticed it yet.

anything