Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697871 times)

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #285 on: November 16, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
 :'( My first attempt, my first failure. It was unbelievably sad to watch my founder die at a house a party. I'm having a tough time making friends and getting gold ratings at social events. Yup, sounds like real life. Gah!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Franki

• Occult
« Reply #286 on: November 16, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »
Quick question, Are the kids drawings allowed into the museum or only the adult paintings??

Just trying to work out if the drawings kids do on the activity table are allowed into the museum or do you have to wait until they are old enough to use the easel.
Straud/Masters - Tangled and defying untangling attempts

I Aten't Dead - Granny Weatherwax

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #287 on: November 16, 2014, 10:43:48 PM »
I understand that we need to complete two child aspirations as well as achieve A's in both elementary school and high school.  My question is this: say the heir gets A's as both child and teen, but only completed one child aspiration.  Do they get just one extra museum piece or none?  Is this an all or nothing type of thing?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #288 on: November 16, 2014, 10:54:28 PM »
I just checked the rules -- if you want to add two additional items to the Museum for an heir, you only need to complete 1 childhood aspiration plus get an A in school. Each heir and the founder have to complete two adult aspirations, however.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #289 on: November 16, 2014, 11:01:35 PM »
I just checked the rules -- if you want to add two additional items to the Museum for an heir, you only need to complete 1 childhood aspiration plus get an A in school. Each heir and the founder have to complete two adult aspirations, however.

Oh, wow XD Way to confuse things, Wolfie!  Thanks, Marian!  Obviously Nano has fried my friend brain to a point I can't seem to read and actually comprehend.  I had myself all confused before as well because I was panicking, trying to get everyone three unique skills... and then realized it didn't have to be unique!  So thanks for pointing that out to me, once again ^^  Much appreciated.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #290 on: November 16, 2014, 11:19:40 PM »
Oh Nooo, lol I just sold them all! <face palm> omg  :o

Oh well, nothing like making a really hard thing impossible!  ;)

:( Hope you recover from the loss!

I'm confused. For example, could a non-heir but a slrep replacement potion and then give it to an heir to use? Not counting towards the 4 unique rewards of course.

Totally fine.

:'( My first attempt, my first failure. It was unbelievably sad to watch my founder die at a house a party. I'm having a tough time making friends and getting gold ratings at social events. Yup, sounds like real life. Gah!

Oh no! :'(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »
Can't you still reduce the soulmate BFF to lower the relationship after the aspiration is complete, and then make another BFF? You can always repair the relationship damage and change BFFs after ambrosia is eaten for the first time.

My sim's soulmate is dead now, yet he still shows as her BFF. I'm not sure I like the idea of making a spouse hate you enough that they stop being your friend (much less a dead one). And what do you do for the Friend of the World aspiration which requires 5 BFFs? Acquire 4 enemies on your way to complete it? This is definitely an EA bug. I can't believe they intended the game to be this way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
My sim's soulmate is dead now, yet he still shows as her BFF. I'm not sure I like the idea of making a spouse hate you enough that they stop being your friend (much less a dead one). And what do you do for the Friend of the World aspiration which requires 5 BFFs? Acquire 4 enemies on your way to complete it? This is definitely an EA bug. I can't believe they intended the game to be this way.

Agreed. I had intended on writing a Guide article on Friend of the World and then that bug hit me.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2014, 01:14:50 PM »

That's the way the game is now.
And you don't have to make them enemies, just bring down the friendship to nearly 0 then they wont count as a BFF anymore.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2014, 07:13:43 PM »
Hi all!
my second generation heir is nearing his completions of his dynasty requirements but now I'm stuck at the following: at lvl 7 of the astronaut career you have to do the this requirement: Get the Starry Night Moodlet from Point Out Constellation Social Interaction. It seems impossible for that social interaction to show up. Tried several things already. Tried it at night mostly. At home, at the park. NEVER does that freaking social interaction show up. And if I don't complete it I can't get a promotion -.- so frustrating! Does anyone know how to get this? I just figured it must be under social interactions anyway.
Tried to enthuse about space first etc. Nothing worked. I've had the interaction before (one time I believe) but that wasn't something I was interested about at that point and thought nothing of it. But now it doens't seem to come back. HELP! :P
Anyone who knows how to do this? I googled it already, but nothing useful there at the time.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:56 PM »
Are you just using the suggested interactions that show up on first click? Have you tried looking under all the friendly socials? And yes, you do have to do it at night time.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2014, 08:17:17 PM »
I remember when I did it, I invited a romantic interest over late at night (around 10pm), and after several conversations, it showed up under friendly social interactions. 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2014, 08:28:13 PM »
@ MissZoef, you're outside right? It only comes up when you're outside. I'm pretty sure if you get into a conversation then do the 'go here together' and go outside, chat for a bit and then it should come up. Only happens at night from 11pm to about 4.00am-ish... if I remember correctly... I have a vague recollection that it may be connected to confident emotion. If so just brush your teeth then you should be right. Sorry, it's been a while since I've done that career path.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2014, 11:42:35 PM »
I have something weird going on. I built my museum and my first sim's museum pieces (meals) are inside. I enclosed them in their own separate room with windows on the walls so you could view them. There are no doors.

Today I noticed one of my sims running to the back corner of that building and coming back with a dish. I went to look. One of the dishes is completely eaten and another one halfway eaten! How are the sims getting to the food when it's not inside a refrigerator and is closed off to them? What's more, how do I keep this from happening in future?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2014, 12:03:55 AM »
I'm confused.

From the rules:  "Eating Ambrosia is the sole privilege for your Founder and Heirs who reach Elder stage and is the only allowed method of extending life for these special Sims. Household members cannot complete the Bodybuilder Aspiration, use Potions of Youth, Essence of Life (from cowplant), Book of Life (from writing skill), or any other future methods of extending life."

When Playalot asked about household members using their points to buy Potions of Life for the immortals to use in this post:
2. Are all household members allowed to use their points towards buying Potions of Life for the immortals to use?

Metropolis Man said:
2. No. Each Immortal is responsible for their own requirements.

Then Playalot asked:
Or have I failed my dynasty Because I used helpers points top buy the potions of life anyway?

And Trip said:
No, they can buy Potions of Youth. They just can't use them on themselves. They can go towards plates of ambrosia just fine. :)

First - I'm assuming Potion of Life really refers to Potion of Youth.  It sounds like Metro Man has said that helpers can't buy the potions for heirs to use, and Trip has said that they can, because only heirs would be eating ambrosia. 

Am I misinterpreting something? 

anything