Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708323 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2014, 02:08:28 PM »
Have you made sure its a childrens book too? Because if not the option will not show up.

Yup, tried all the children's books in fact XD to see if only one or two were glitched.  But they all seem to be :(  I even had one of the helpers write a children's book and that didn't even work.

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »
Hi, everyone! It bugged me that I lost the challenge because of a stupid ghost, so I decided to devise a method of displaying food while also making it ghost-proof. Many of you probably already know how to do this, but here it is.

I added a second floor to my museum. I built my doorless, windowed food display room in the middle of the second floor. Then I deleted a one square space completely around the food display room. AFAIK ghosts can't fly. The ghost has been out three times now. Each time I've had people on the same floor as the food to encourage him to wander over that way and visit. So far the food has not been eaten. Anyway, thought I would share for anyone else thinking about displaying food and keeping ghosts.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #422 on: November 28, 2014, 11:55:26 PM »
After much fiddling (and cursing), I finally fixed things.  I had already tried replacing the shelf that I got the books from once.  But I got the same kind of shelf to replace it.  But I went in game tonight and actually decided that, as a last resort to try a different shelf.  I didn't expect it to work, but it seems to have!  So if anyone finds issues with this later on, there's the solution... at least, this time XD

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #423 on: November 29, 2014, 03:17:27 AM »
Hi, everyone! It bugged me that I lost the challenge because of a stupid ghost, so I decided to devise a method of displaying food while also making it ghost-proof. Many of you probably already know how to do this, but here it is.

I added a second floor to my museum. I built my doorless, windowed food display room in the middle of the second floor. Then I deleted a one square space completely around the food display room. AFAIK ghosts can't fly. The ghost has been out three times now. Each time I've had people on the same floor as the food to encourage him to wander over that way and visit. So far the food has not been eaten. Anyway, thought I would share for anyone else thinking about displaying food and keeping ghosts.

Does this still work when you travel? Because as we well know, travelling seems to allow sims to get into (or out of) all sorts of places that they ordinarily couldn't.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #424 on: November 29, 2014, 04:46:37 AM »

I just wanted to add that currently I am just at gen 3 and in Oasis Springs the only sims in a house apart from my family are ghosts. So there are NO living sims in any of the houses. Seeing as ghosts don't die, I am assuming that this will remain like this until the end of the game. In Willow Creek I have two living households and only one ghost household.

Could you make a rule that ghosts in houses could be evicted using Household Management so that would give the game a chance to replace them with living sims?

I got the same problem, I am at gen 3 as well. Oasis Springs has no living households whatsoever and Willow creek has maybe one or two houses with living sims in it. But there are still a lot of random spawning sims around right? at least I think there are in my game. If you go to the park or something. That way you can still make enough friends I assume.
Nevertheless I think that it is a shame that there are no more living sims living in the towns. Oasis springs is a ghost town now :P

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #425 on: November 29, 2014, 11:10:23 AM »
Does this still work when you travel? Because as we well know, travelling seems to allow sims to get into (or out of) all sorts of places that they ordinarily couldn't.

Hadn't thought of that. So I should take my entire family out to visit a lot at night when the ghost is out? Can a ghost fly/float when the floor is one story below him?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #426 on: November 29, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »
Anybody having problems in the culinary career. For three days my sim has fullfulled all the criteria for promotion and no promotion plus on the third day she came home after 90 mins of working for no apparent reason. If I cannot get promoted then it's pretty much game over right?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #427 on: November 29, 2014, 12:51:24 PM »
Is she pregnant? Mine get sent home when they're in labor.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2014, 01:07:54 PM »
The only issue I'm having for the culinary career is getting the friends XD But that's because my multi-tasking is horrible with the game.  But Marian's right.  I did have my sim get sent home early due to being in labor.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #429 on: November 29, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »
Ditto on the sent home early due to labor

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #430 on: November 29, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
Nope to being in labour. I will keep trying and see what happens.

Rachel

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #431 on: November 29, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »
You didn't actually click on the option to leave early, did you?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #432 on: November 29, 2014, 09:12:30 PM »
I clicked on work hard at the beginning of the shift and that was it as far as clicking goes. If you click on go home early you get a pop up saying the boss won't like that are you sure you want to leave early. So I would like to think I wouldn't have done that even accidentally.

Rachel

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #433 on: November 29, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
Ok, yeah I thought there was a pop-up/dialogue box for that.  Just trying to eliminate possibilities.  Have you been able to try it out since?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #434 on: November 30, 2014, 12:11:04 AM »
I've had a similar problem with other careers at various points. I have found several things that eventually helped:
- restart the game
- reset the sim
- sometimes you must go to work in the required mood
- the daily task must be completed every day.