Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 707604 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #480 on: December 03, 2014, 02:06:18 PM »
This is true, though honestly, in my last dynasty attempt, I was lucky if any of my household members (aside from spouses) were friends XD  With each person having things they have to do, I think you'll find that it should be ok.  Or just keep an eye on the interactions between any heirs and the spouse of the one who went with the Soulmate aspiration.

I got it figured out now, not as big an issue as expected.  You need to be best friends at tier two of the aspiration but at tier 4 you only have to be soulmates, so you can break the best friends after you get married and then get back to soulmates to finish the aspiration and have your BFF outside the household again.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2014, 02:29:05 PM »
I've had the same experiences as shewolf13, unless I make them interact regularly the relation ship bars will be very lucky to be at the friends level for both sim in question. So if you plan to do that one just keep track of your heirs and of course previous Immortals.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
I'm not far enough along yet to have this problem, but I agree that it would be much better to have living residents in the homes.  But I don't see anything in the rules that says good friends and BFFs can't be ghosts.   Is it there and I'm just not seeing it?

As far as I know, ghosts get culled pretty regularly, and they only come out at night... and randomly.  Holding a bff relationship with one would be difficult.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Songsmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »
Does it have to be a higher level tv?

AFAIK it works on any TV. My sims still had a cheap one (next up from the cheapest) and their handy family member was able to upgrade it. The sim needs to have 9th level handiness. You will also get a music channel that develops guitar skill and get an additional channel on the radio (though I haven't done that one).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »
Sims and ghosts that are living in houses don't get culled, that's why I'm asking the team if they will reconsider and allow us to evict ghosts that have been placed in houses. That would hopefully, allow the game to restock from the living.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #485 on: December 03, 2014, 09:01:58 PM »
As far as I know, ghosts get culled pretty regularly, and they only come out at night... and randomly.  Holding a bff relationship with one would be difficult.

So maybe I'm not understanding what's happening - like I said I'm not there yet.  If the game is seeing the ghosts as "living" in the houses, are they not like the ghosts in Sims 3 that "live" in the house - such as the Goth family and Violet Slymer in Moonlight Falls, or a ghost that you have join the household.  Those ghosts are inhabitants of the house, and you can interact with them during the day.  Is that not the case here?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #486 on: December 03, 2014, 10:55:44 PM »
So maybe I'm not understanding what's happening - like I said I'm not there yet.  If the game is seeing the ghosts as "living" in the houses, are they not like the ghosts in Sims 3 that "live" in the house - such as the Goth family and Violet Slymer in Moonlight Falls, or a ghost that you have join the household.  Those ghosts are inhabitants of the house, and you can interact with them during the day.  Is that not the case here?

They are just the ghosts of townies that have died and for some reason the game has now placed them in the households. For example I have the ghost of Eric Spencer-kim-Lewis-whatever in one house and random game made townies  my sims never knew in all the other houses. Metro has said in a  post somewhere on this thread that ghosts don't count towards the friendships needed for ambrosia.... so, because sims/ghosts IN houses don't get culled it would be nice to actually have living sims IN the houses instead of these random ghosts.

If you think about it, it is pretty crazy that apart from one other sim (who is an elder anyway) and my dynasty house, every other resident townie is dead, i.e. a ghost.

They are not ghosts like in TS3 that were made by the devs specifically for supernatural population.... just dead and annoying townies that my dynasty sims never knew while they were living. Basically these ghosts are never going to die so therefore will not be replaced by the game in a generation or so ... they will be the towns residents now until I either give up on my dynasty or complete it. (Either scenario I will be kicking them straight out.)

The issue with ghosts or sims in houses is the Gurus have stated quite clearly that in-house sims do not get culled. So... if we want to make and keep friends for our ambrosia requirements then it would be prudential to have living sims in the towns houses and not ghosts. At least then when our sims made a friend if they were in a household they would not be culled the next day (or however regularly it happens).

It's really an issue with the game mechanics, personally I don't think that ghosts should be placed in houses, they should be able to 'haunt' the house and garden of where they once lived perhaps... but after death become a resident townie?!? It is a bit strange.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #487 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:06 AM »
I agree with this idea - I have played a long-term sim with normal aging on, and you can't actually visit those houses with just ghosts in them. I think if you merged or 'swapped' the ghost household with households generated by the game in the "unplayed not in world" pool, that would help to solve the problem. At some point if you have 8 ghosts then you would need to evict them. I say merge, because the unplayed households have set low funds, and cannot afford to move into houses on their own. It would not be as though you were downloading sims from the exchange.

The only advantage to doing this is making the game work as intended - households are once again visitable, and potential friends are not going to be culled the moment you/they leave a lot.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #488 on: December 04, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »
I agree with this idea - I have played a long-term sim with normal aging on, and you can't actually visit those houses with just ghosts in them. I think if you merged or 'swapped' the ghost household with households generated by the game in the "unplayed not in world" pool, that would help to solve the problem. At some point if you have 8 ghosts then you would need to evict them. I say merge, because the unplayed households have set low funds, and cannot afford to move into houses on their own. It would not be as though you were downloading sims from the exchange.

The only advantage to doing this is making the game work as intended - households are once again visitable, and potential friends are not going to be culled the moment you/they leave a lot.

I like this idea.  Maybe you could put a minor restriction on it?  In order to move a household into a estate, one of your dynasty Sims must be good friends or better with a Sim in that household?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #489 on: December 04, 2014, 02:43:20 AM »
Yes! I forgot to mention that point... In my game too I can't actually visit the ghost households... They are just basically empty houses with (according to the map) ghostly residents. But my sims can't actually visit inside the house.  :(

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #490 on: December 04, 2014, 04:26:13 AM »
On an unrelated note, there was a discussion somewhere in the 20+ pages of this thread where someone asked if rooms from the gallery could be used for the Immortal Dynasty Challenge, and I believe Metro's answer something along the lines of as long as people can't put things in rooms that make the challenge easier.

I just downloaded a room that was full of various career objects that I hadn't yet unlocked. Not too high level, but the computer hard drive (I don't have anyone in the tech career) and a science prize of some sort were in there. I deleted the objects immediately, but I just thought I should let you know of my findings. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: December 04, 2014, 05:15:20 AM »
I like this idea.  Maybe you could put a minor restriction on it?  In order to move a household into a estate, one of your dynasty Sims must be good friends or better with a Sim in that household?

While I understand the whole aspect of a challenge, the game mechanics should just be moving sims into empty houses on a regular basis regardless of friendship level of any played households/sims that are already in the game.

I'm all for more challenges but the premise that I was working on was a fix for something that, at the moment, is broken in the game. I wasn't trying to get the team to add more rules etc!  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #492 on: December 04, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »
The only way I can think of to make sure that you continue to have living sims in your town is to send a male helper sim or two from your household to try for baby with the women of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs. Unfortunately, you need to start doing this early in the game, before the Landgraabs, Goths, and Calientes  become elders.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #493 on: December 04, 2014, 08:36:48 AM »
Okay, the Good Friends rule has officially been amended. The requirement for having the Good Friends be outside the household has been removed, but the team is asking players to at least try and seek non household members while you can and before the town starts dying off.

6. Have six Good Friends at the time of eating Ambrosia for the first time. Other Heirs can share these Good Friends except one needs to be a unique B.F.F (ask to be Best Friends). This B.F.F cannot be a Good Friend or B.F.F to any other Heir. Don’t worry if friendships deteriorate after Ambrosia has been eaten. Please make your best efforts to have your six Good Friends outside the household. This may be impossible later in your Dynasty if much of the town has died.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #494 on: December 04, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »
Okay, the Good Friends rule has officially been amended. The requirement for having the Good Friends be outside the household has been removed, but the team is asking players to at least try and seek non household members while you can and before the town starts dying off.
Believe me if it is at all possible I would prefer it that all Good Friends/BFFs would be outside the household but the game might not give me much of a choice for later generations.

anything