Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 705463 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #705 on: January 15, 2015, 06:48:52 AM »
Yes, sims do age normally in Granite Falls.  There is no restriction on vacation, you can go as many times as you want and you can go as long as you want.

As for mentoring, you can do it to your spouse or children.  Have them play the violin or guitar, then your music sim should have the option to mentor them.  It is hard to mentor NPC, as it is hard to catch NPC sim playing violin or guitar.  With sims in your household you can control, much easier.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #706 on: January 15, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
Yes, sims do age normally in Granite Falls.  There is no restriction on vacation, you can go as many times as you want and you can go as long as you want.

As for mentoring, you can do it to your spouse or children.  Have them play the violin or guitar, then your music sim should have the option to mentor them.  It is hard to mentor NPC, as it is hard to catch NPC sim playing violin or guitar.  With sims in your household you can control, much easier.

OK, thank you. I was using the interaction with a household Sim and it didn't work. I loaded my game today and tried it on another household member who didn't have any skills in instruments and that seemed to work.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #707 on: January 15, 2015, 12:00:51 PM »
I've run into a minor (hopefully) issue that I need help with.
Marko, my future second Immortal, just about half an hour ago real time managed to get the targeted BFF to good friends.
But the guy refuses to be asked the question to become BFF's!
Their relationship is high enough that it should be there, but it isn't showing up anywhere when I click on the guy.

I now wonder if it is something with that sim causing issues or is something else going on?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #708 on: January 15, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »
Try resetting your sim and also the targetted BFF sim.  IF that still didn't work, save your game close down and use Origin to repair game, then restart your file and see if that work.

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #709 on: January 15, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
@Nutella : I'll try those things, I'll report back later how it went.

Offline pithenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #710 on: January 18, 2015, 03:05:51 PM »
This challenge looks fun, I think I will start it. Maybe I should take some pictures and try story telling as well.
Just keep Simmin'

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #711 on: January 20, 2015, 12:48:48 PM »
Since the new spouse for the second generation moved into my dynasty household, she is constantly mourning the tombstone I have on my lot. It's from the spouse of the founder. This new spouse doesn't even know the sim that died.
Right now I can't let her make a single drink at the bar. Every time she tries to make a drink, she cancels that interaction and starts to mourn the dead sim. it's driving me nuts. I've build a small house on the lot where I will keep the urns of the dead (the sims can't go there), but it doesn't help. I would love to keep the urn on the lot without having this new sims mourn all the time. I've had this before but I don't know how to stop it (unless I put the tombstone in someone's inventory) I kinda want to prevent having it in a sim's inventory all the time, so I was wondering if there was another way to stop it. it's super annoying.
Has anyone else had this problem? Everyone else on the lot is fine and doesn't do this. When this sim wasn't in my household and when she came over she didn't do this either. It's so weird. Maybe this is a bug?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #712 on: January 20, 2015, 01:30:12 PM »
So the sim mourns even when she can't get to the urn?  I am assuming you removed the door to the small house you built for the dead.  I can't stop laughing after I read your post.  ;D

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #713 on: January 20, 2015, 02:15:22 PM »
So the sim mourns even when she can't get to the urn?  I am assuming you removed the door to the small house you built for the dead.  I can't stop laughing after I read your post.  ;D

Haha @Nutella at least one of us is enjoying it  :P and yes

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #714 on: January 23, 2015, 11:57:49 AM »
So nobody has a solution, except putting it in inventory? (or waiting for this sim to die  ::) ) that's a shame  :P

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #715 on: January 23, 2015, 12:18:20 PM »
I've always just put my tombstone in household inventory, sorry can't help you here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #716 on: January 24, 2015, 03:37:30 AM »
Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do, sadly.  I've noticed that there are just some Sims that go and mourn unnecessarily.  So putting it in the inventory or moving it off the lot seem to be the only viable solutions at this point.

Offline SGNPU25

• Nooboo
« Reply #717 on: January 24, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »

Added to General Rules and Restrictions:

• Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries.
  • Substitute cemeteries: Willow Creek (Magnolia Blossom Park) and Oasis Springs (Desert Bloom Park).

Added to FAQ:

What can I do with the graves of non-immortals?
-- 1. You can keep them on your lot and deal with the ghosts.
-- 2. You can place them in magnolia blossom park (willow creek) or desert bloom park (oasis springs).
-- 3. You can carry around the grave in inventory and essentially never deal with it at all.

This was added to the rules earlier. Does it help you at all?

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #718 on: January 24, 2015, 10:49:36 AM »
This was added to the rules earlier. Does it help you at all?

It does actually. Forgot I could make a graveyard on another lot. I think I might do that.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #719 on: January 24, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »
Am I able to store all my death flowers in the roof space as I can't find anything to store it in? I've also ran out of space so I thought of having each immortals 'museum' in different sections of the house? My founder has MySim trophies on a stone table and second gen has her paintings on easels in the garden.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

anything