Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 697914 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #720 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:56 AM »
Yes you can store your death flowers in the roof spaces.  For your museum, you can build just one building and put ALL the heir's contributed items in the one building.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #721 on: January 26, 2015, 10:31:08 AM »
Yes you can store your death flowers in the roof spaces.  For your museum, you can build just one building and put ALL the heir's contributed items in the one building.

Thanks for confirming the first part. I don't really have anywhere to build a museum unless I destroy the children's area which I would hate to do. Does it have to be a building and not any old place in the house/garden? If so I may have to rebuild the whole lot  :(
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #722 on: January 26, 2015, 11:53:07 AM »
Thanks for confirming the first part. I don't really have anywhere to build a museum unless I destroy the children's area which I would hate to do. Does it have to be a building and not any old place in the house/garden? If so I may have to rebuild the whole lot  :(

It does not have to be a separate building. I think that's the norm for most players just to keep the museum items unique to themselves.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #723 on: January 26, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »
Yes don't have to be separate building.  Just anywhere on your lot will be fine, but most players like to display their items and build a museum to showcase it. 

Personally I like to protect my items from my wandering sims - if I don't watch my sim carefully, they tend to drop what they are suppose to do and go wander off doing something else.  That is what I don't like about sims 4, when I tell the sim to read or watch tv, they never sit still.  I build a museum with no door to protect the items (like cooking dishes).

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #724 on: January 27, 2015, 06:05:42 AM »
@Metropolis Man & @Nutella Thanks again, just thought I'd ask instead of bulldozing my lovely work, lol.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #725 on: January 27, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
It looks like the cooking bug is back - I can't seem to cook, the money is deducted by the action never happens. :( If anyone can PM me with a way to fix it, I'd be glad - I can't repair the game from Origin as the option is unavailable.

Also, I wanted to ask something that was mentioned about on the tips thread in the Immortal Dynasty forum - I mentioned that completing an Immortal Dynasty was impossible after Generation 6 for base game because you can't have Wedding Parties for Generation 7 or 8, but ManiSims said that you could double up on parties if the other party was on another lot. I know you can set the lot where the party takes place. So if I had a house party at someone else's house and one at my house, would that count as two separate gold medals for the the party requirement? What about if i had a gold medal date at the bar and one at the house, would that count as two separate gold medal events?

If that was the case, then it would be clear what the five gold medal events for Generation 7 would be - five seperate gold medal dates at various locations! ;) I'd like to hear from the Boss(Metro) for official rulings on that.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #726 on: January 27, 2015, 01:05:08 PM »
Also, I wanted to ask something that was mentioned about on the tips thread in the Immortal Dynasty forum - I mentioned that completing an Immortal Dynasty was impossible after Generation 6 for base game because you can't have Wedding Parties for Generation 7 or 8, but ManiSims said that you could double up on parties if the other party was on another lot. I know you can set the lot where the party takes place. So if I had a house party at someone else's house and one at my house, would that count as two separate gold medals for the the party requirement? What about if i had a gold medal date at the bar and one at the house, would that count as two separate gold medal events?

If that was the case, then it would be clear what the five gold medal events for Generation 7 would be - five seperate gold medal dates at various locations! ;) I'd like to hear from the Boss(Metro) for official rulings on that.

Yeah once you run out of different types of events (date, house party, etc) then go ahead and change the location and I am okay with the new location counting towards the requirement.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #727 on: January 27, 2015, 02:53:22 PM »
It looks like the cooking bug is back - I can't seem to cook, the money is deducted by the action never happens. :( If anyone can PM me with a way to fix it, I'd be glad - I can't repair the game from Origin as the option is unavailable.

I've sent you 2 PM's hopefully the second one is the fix you need.  :)  My dynasty is hit with this bug often... so I know how frustrating it is.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #728 on: January 28, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »

Yeah once you run out of different types of events (date, house party, etc) then go ahead and change the location and I am okay with the new location counting towards the requirement.

Could you clarify a bit?  Is it okay to have 5 dates at different locations count for your 5 parties, or do you need to make your best possible effort to complete 1 of each party type at gold before resorting to parties at other locations?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #729 on: January 29, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »
No you can't use date at different locations.  Date can only count as one medal regardless of location.     

need to make your best possible effort to complete 1 of each party type at gold before resorting to parties at other locations?
Yes.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #730 on: January 31, 2015, 04:51:39 PM »
What's the status with BFFs right now? I want one of my children to do the Social aspiration, but one of the requirements is have a BFF.  I'm worried it will mess things up later on when he needs a BFF to eat Ambrosia if the BFF gets culled or something.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #731 on: February 01, 2015, 04:02:03 AM »
What's the status with BFFs right now? I want one of my children to do the Social aspiration, but one of the requirements is have a BFF.  I'm worried it will mess things up later on when he needs a BFF to eat Ambrosia if the BFF gets culled or something.

As far as I've been able to tell, you can switch your BFF at any time, so long as the new BFF has as much or more friendship than the other BFF.  A recent, and useful change.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #732 on: February 01, 2015, 08:47:42 PM »
@dethdukk Thanks! I'm glad to hear it. That was a problem.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #733 on: February 05, 2015, 05:50:16 AM »
Are we able to uses poses as long as it's in a different save file?

Edit: I have a weird glitch. After my immortal has eaten her ambrosia I can't drag it to the sink or bin. Sims can't wash it either as there is no option to do so. It doesn't affect any other dishes, just the ambrosia plate. The only way I'm able to get rid of it is to create a 1x1 room and delete it. It ends up in the family inventory and can be sold from there. Repairing the game and clearing caches has not solved it either. It's not a huge problem but really annoying.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #734 on: February 07, 2015, 03:25:05 AM »
Are we able to uses poses as long as it's in a different save file?

Edit: I have a weird glitch. After my immortal has eaten her ambrosia I can't drag it to the sink or bin. Sims can't wash it either as there is no option to do so. It doesn't affect any other dishes, just the ambrosia plate. The only way I'm able to get rid of it is to create a 1x1 room and delete it. It ends up in the family inventory and can be sold from there. Repairing the game and clearing caches has not solved it either. It's not a huge problem but really annoying.

This happens to me every time an immortal eats ambrosia. I am able to go into building mode and delete it by grabbing the plate and hitting the delete key on my keyboard. Which in itself is strange as you can't do that with normal plates. Anyway, maybe that will work for you.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.