Author Topic: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 708386 times)

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #780 on: February 16, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »
My personal opinion (obviously not a team member) is that you can easily wait to go to granite falls till you don't have kids... 
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #781 on: February 16, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »
In my dynasty they just went on the weekend. Two days is better then nothing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #782 on: February 16, 2015, 04:18:31 PM »

Going on vacation is going to benefit the child too.  Family can modify the big lot in the park, and buy whatever equipment necessary to skill up, not having to worry about going to school.

I'm on the fence on this, I would like to hear what other team members think about this.

BUT....there is this rule:

"Editing any lot other than home lot is banned, except for putting tombstones in substitute cemeteries."

So perhaps there needs to be an added rule/exception which says you can add any and all camping equipment to Granite Falls lots but nothing else like any skilling items?  This would allow vacation times for everyone without giving the ability to skill up in anything except perhaps fishing or playing an instrument.  I'm not sure but is there even a chess set on one of the lots so no skilling in logic?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #783 on: February 16, 2015, 04:51:58 PM »
True, can't edit other lots, forgot about this rule.  :o 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #784 on: February 17, 2015, 05:28:18 AM »
In chatting with townies there is an option to ask them to move in, right?  What about if you move in the Landgrab's or Goth's?  You'd wind up with their cash and possessions.  Is this ok?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2015, 05:45:07 AM »
In chatting with townies there is an option to ask them to move in, right?  What about if you move in the Landgrab's or Goth's?  You'd wind up with their cash and possessions.  Is this ok?

Yup, I asked the Landgraabs to move in with my founder.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2015, 07:14:22 AM »

The only restriction is that you can't move them back out afterwards.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2015, 08:09:45 AM »
dethdukk is right.  You can move in anyone you want and keep the cash, but you can't move them back out.  They have to stay in your dynasty household until they die of old age.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #788 on: February 17, 2015, 09:30:28 AM »
Or they act stupid and kill themselves, but you can't kill them.  ;)

What is this about bonus museum pieces? I try to complete child aspirations as I love doing them but I never heard about these bonus museum pieces for the heirs completing their Aspirations and getting an A in school!
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #789 on: February 17, 2015, 10:00:22 AM »
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute two additional museum items (for a total of 10 of a given type) if that heir completes a Childhood Aspiration and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Its just extra things for you to do so you can increase the value of the museum, its optional.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2015, 03:13:36 PM »
**Players can increase the value of their Immortal Family Museum by having an heir contribute two additional museum items (for a total of 10 of a given type) if that heir completes a Childhood Aspiration and gets an A in school (as a Child and a Teen).

Its just extra things for you to do so you can increase the value of the museum, its optional.

The kicker here is the childhood pieces aren't worth much, so you complete their aspirations but then if you are going for the extra value you don't use the childhood pieces but something else more valuable that you can get 10 of.  I believe, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it could even be 10 of the identical pieces, like 10 of the same Sim statues or frogs or crystals.  Right?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2015, 03:19:52 PM »
The kicker here is the childhood pieces aren't worth much, so you complete their aspirations but then if you are going for the extra value you don't use the childhood pieces but something else more valuable that you can get 10 of.  I believe, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it could even be 10 of the identical pieces, like 10 of the same Sim statues or frogs or crystals.  Right?

Right. From the rules...

Also, items each Heir contributes do not need to be unique themselves — for example, Heir #3 contributes eight frogs to the museum. All eight could be the exact same type of frog— but no other Heirs could contribute frogs.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »
If the family is on vacation to Granite Falls, is it okay to use children's vacation days from school? Or would this break the restriction of children going to school every day?

After much deliberation, the team has decided on this rule: "Children and teens can travel, but they must not miss school while doing it. Young adults and older have no restrictions."

I will be adding this to the dynasty rules page.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #793 on: February 18, 2015, 07:32:33 AM »
I wanted to ask another question regarding aspirations. If I chose Master Chef as my heirs first aspiration at teen then got stuck when she has to join the culinary career to move forward, can I switch to her second aspiration Freelance Botanist until her YA birthday?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #794 on: February 18, 2015, 08:11:56 AM »
Yes, you can switch aspiration as much as you want for points.  You just have to be careful not to finish (complete) the aspiration if you don't want that aspiration to be unique for that heir. 

Let's say if you want freelance botanist to be unique for heir #2 -- heir #1 can still work on freelance botanist, but just can't complete it (stage 4).

anything