Author Topic: Zodiac Signs  (Read 25051 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Zodiac Signs
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »
So far the only thing I've seen from giving my Sim an astrological sign is that a club in Bridgeport is named that sign (Aquarius). Any other experiences?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Zodiac Signs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:47:27 AM »
In the romantic interactions, there is the option to ask sign, so it might be like the original where one sign was supposed to be more attracted to a particular sign.
My test girl is a taurus and talking to a bouncer she found out his sign is virgo then it said those signs were compatible. After dinner I might sit down and try and do some testing with different signs.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Storyteller

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a story. How you tell it matters.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:48:56 AM »
Vampires have the "read mind" interaction, and one of the things you can find out is someone's sign.  I have no idea what this information adds to the relationship, though.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »
Maybe it adds to the Compatibility between sims?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »
I don't have the game yet, but isn't there a little gameguide included in the disk box as well? I can not believe that the zodiac signs will not get explained, or at least named in there.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 07:23:30 PM »
I don't have the game yet, but isn't there a little gameguide included in the disk box as well? I can not believe that the zodiac signs will not get explained, or at least named in there.

It doesn't say anything about the zodiac signs, unfortunately.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

Yeah, I mentioned in some info I sent Carl that there's essentially nothing in game that would lead you to pick one sign or another. You hover over a sign and it simply says the name. Customize Lifetime Wish? Two thumbs up. Astrology? This has to rank up there with meteors for me. What's next? Miss Cleo giving Sims a tarot card reading?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 07:30:10 PM »
Astrology? This has to rank up there with meteors for me.

Well, at least astrology won't kill your sims and destroy your game.  I hope.   ;) But I agree, it seems rather pointless.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »
I didn't get to do the testing I wanted to last night, but I've noticed when you discover someone's sign, sometimes it says the two signs are compatible. So far my Taurus girl has met sims with 6 different signs and 3 of those are compatible. What I was going to do, was run a few tests with custom made sims to see if relationships improve quicker with compatible star signs. Haven't seen any incompatible signs yet.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 10:31:01 AM »
I didn't get to do the testing I wanted to last night, but I've noticed when you discover someone's sign, sometimes it says the two signs are compatible. So far my Taurus girl has met sims with 6 different signs and 3 of those are compatible. What I was going to do, was run a few tests with custom made sims to see if relationships improve quicker with compatible star signs. Haven't seen any incompatible signs yet.

Norma

So if you get no message about compatibility, I wonder what that would mean?

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »
I updated to the most recent patch, but haven't installed Late Night yet. The existing sims in my previously saved games all had Zodiac signs show up. I thought it was funny that my set of twins have signs that are different from one another - clearly the assignment has nothing to do with when sims are born as real astrological signs would.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 11:00:53 AM »
To use this you might have to brush up on astrology. Having done real barhopping during the time of "what's your sign" I can tell you it was a big deal back then. Each zodiac sign (in real life) has attributes and compatibilities so it may have other meanings in the game also, like the hidden traits.

Some examples would be say, a Sagittarius. They are supposed to love being outdoors and maybe creating a Sagittarius Sim would help with the gardeners or anglers?  A Libra is supposed to be very romantic, and so on.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »
I agree with Metro it seems completely pointless since you are given no explanation of what they mean, even if they help you find someone to date if we didn't know what sign goes with what that isn't very helpful :) I know nothing about them in real life so I don't even have that reference. But since it hasn't affected my game in any way I find them quite easy to ignore!

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 12:46:47 PM »
I was just thiking on the lines of RunAmokSims, I remember that star signs are an extention of your personality and how you are, maybe that is what they do in game.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 01:38:39 PM »
I was just thiking on the lines of RunAmokSims, I remember that star signs are an extention of your personality and how you are, maybe that is what they do in game.

Yeah, I have no doubt that a Sim's astrological sign has some meaning and works in the background to make things harder/easier when socializing. My beef is just the complete absence of any information in CAS. Unless you do some outside research as to the "supposed" compatibilities and strengths of various signs — and who wants to do that — you might as well just pull a name out of a hat.

anything