Author Topic: Help! My sim can't fish from his sailboat  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Babaloo321

• Nooboo
Help! My sim can't fish from his sailboat
« on: November 16, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Ok, so one of the sims I am playing as is having a problem. Billy Millard can't fish from his sailboat or rowboat.
I am in Appaloosa Plains and I have just made a custom dive area, and put some fish spawners on the surface of the water(BTW the spawners i put down ARE SURFACE WATER SPAWNERS)
I realize that some of you might think that sims can't fish on PERSONAL boats, but trust me they can, and to prove it I have a quote from forum.thesims3.com : http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/696723.page
Yes, Sims can fish from rowboats. If I remember correctly they do need to be at Level 5 skill level for fishing first, though. Also, they need to move toward the school of fish and stop the boat so the fish are on their left side. For some reason, Sims always fish from the rowboat while half-turned to their left.
I first tried this out in China - my Sim caught all kinds of koi and plans on putting them in her pond at home. I just haven't gotten back to play her for awhile.

So, if you couldn't get that link, basically what Jaline33 was saying is that sims can fish from personal boats but they have to be facing the correct side.

My problem is that Billy has tried both sides of his rowboat and sailboat to fish on the diving area surface fish.
What happens is when I click on fish when I'm on the boat, the interaction disappears like nothing has happened.
I have tried resetting Billy and deleting the boat and putting a new one in and those haven't helped either.
I have looked all over google and nothing except the link abov
I'm really at a loss of what to do here and any help would be appreciated!

anything