Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 45652 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #150 on: June 18, 2015, 09:22:31 AM »
The following was added as a clarification:

Household Size: Individual Challenge rule sets will specify how many Sims you create and their starting life stage. Always create Sims in CAS from scratch. • Cannot use gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use cloned/twin gallery downloaded Sims • Cannot use saved Sims from your library • Cannot use saved Sims clone/twin from your library.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #151 on: June 18, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »
Oh... wait, sorry if I've misunderstood something and sorry if this seems obvious.  I tend to use the same pair of sims for the big challenges.  IE: when the challenges first kicked off, I made a brother and sister pair.  I use the fresh save though each time... is that not allowed?  It's always the unplayed version of them...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: June 18, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »
Oh... wait, sorry if I've misunderstood something and sorry if this seems obvious.  I tend to use the same pair of sims for the big challenges.  IE: when the challenges first kicked off, I made a brother and sister pair.  I use the fresh save though each time... is that not allowed?  It's always the unplayed version of them...

We're not penalizing you after the fact obviously. It's something the team just kind of assumed. So, from now on just always create Sims from scratch.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2015, 01:46:15 PM »
Understood.  I guess I figured since they were initially created and it was always their unplayed version, it was the same as making a fresh pair.  I will keep that in mind.  Thanks, Metro ^^

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2015, 02:15:05 PM »
It's just the hidden attributes we are worried about, even if it is the unplayed version.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2015, 05:03:24 PM »
I've done the same thing I'm afraid, using the unplayed copy of my practice household to play the scoring file.  Sorry about that.  Now that I know, I will make sure to create a brand new household for the scoring file.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2015, 05:35:49 PM »
No worries, Helen.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline effie97

• Nooboo
« Reply #157 on: July 08, 2015, 12:43:12 PM »
Hi! I'm new around here and I have a few doubts about the tournament. I'm thinking about participating in the next events, even if just for fun, but I'm not sure what I need to do so. Do I only need to reply to the thread of the event with my final score at the end, or is there anything else needed to participate? And how do you know if people aren't cheating?

Thanks a lot and sorry for the silly questions :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »
Hi, Effie,

Welcome to the Forum! Yes, all you need to do to participate is enter your final score in the appropriate thread. As for people cheating, we operate on the honor system, but winners are expected to provide details of their strategy after a challenge is over. And even if you don't win, you might be asked in a private message to clarify something. It's a good idea not to erase your file until the challenge is over.

Hobos to Heroes wraps up today, but you still have 3 weeks left to work on Look What's in Store. Good luck!

MarianT
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:35 PM »
Hi effie97, Marian covered all the bases, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum. :)

Offline effie97

• Nooboo
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
That sounds very good, I'm sure I'll participate in the upcoming events! I have to thank both of you for being so nice and replying so promptly.  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #161 on: July 16, 2015, 01:05:07 PM »
I swear, @Metropolis Man mentioned somewhere about being able to PM the whole Challenge team as a group, but I can't find it anywhere XD Am I out of my mind?  If I'm not, how do I do it?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: July 16, 2015, 01:09:07 PM »
I swear, @Metropolis Man mentioned somewhere about being able to PM the whole Challenge team as a group, but I can't find it anywhere XD Am I out of my mind?  If I'm not, how do I do it?

In my account, it is done by choosing send message -->send to group (show membergroups), and then checking the box that says challenge board moderator.  Make sure to use the to column, and not the bcc column.  Does this work for you?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #163 on: July 16, 2015, 01:11:07 PM »

I think that when you choose "send message," you'll get something that says "show membergroups." If you click on that, the Challenge team should show up as an option.

I see ClayMask beat me to it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
@ClayMask and @MarianT.  Thank you both for the responses, but sadly, I don't get the show membergroups option.  At least not that I can find.

anything