Author Topic: Quickest way to make money? (without cheats!)  (Read 10610 times)

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
Quickest way to make money? (without cheats!)
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:24:27 PM »
Hi all,

Has someone figured out yet how you can make quick money in the sims 4? And I mean without cheats, using what you get in game. The garden gives a bit of money, but I haven't found an easy way yet. In the sims 3 you could just pick flowers all day (with the seasons expansion) and get some dogs to dig up stones and stuff for you, that way it went pretty quick.

So, is there anyone who has some ideas/tips for me?  ;D

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Quickest way to make money? (without cheats!)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 05:26:52 PM »
I've found painting to be pretty quick, only a couple of days painting and you can be making a huge return on each one.  Writing is good too, the books are much much faster to write than in TS3, and the profits come each day instead of once a week.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
ah okay! I'll see if that works :)

Offline ChristmasEve

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
I've found painting to be pretty quick, only a couple of days painting and you can be making a huge return on each one.  Writing is good too, the books are much much faster to write than in TS3, and the profits come each day instead of once a week.
Agree that painting can make huge return, but should also take the painter career which give the paintings a huge boost when in high level of career. My sim painted the same masterpiece  classic paintings twice which value at 1xxx at level 2/3, and 6xxx at level 8 of painter career. Guess being a reputable painter will make the paintings more worthy.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 11:18:44 AM »
The painting career is key because of the easel unlocks as well as the ability to sell to the Art Gallery.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 11:01:20 AM »
The quickest way I've found to get some good starting money - not extremely rich, but a good starting sum - is to start out focusing completely on whims and aspirations - the goal is to get to 3000 points as quickly as possible.  Switch around aspirations - there are several that have easy level 1 goals that can get you some quick points.  At 3000 points, get the Connections reward.  Then start joining and quitting careers.  You'll start at level 4, picking up the awards for the previous levels - including the bonuses.  That gets you several thousand dollars, and you can sell any of the career rewards you don't want.

Keep in mind, though, that if you later rejoin a career you quit, you'll start at level 3 the second time (I think you always start 1 level below where you were when you quit, but I haven't tested that extensively).  So if you want to continue in a career, make that the last career you join for the specific sim and just keep going in it. 

(By the way, if you do quit and rejoin, when you go from level 3 back to level 4, you won't get the career rewards again.)

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
One way requires you to play a household of more than one sim but no kids.  So like roommates, etc.  First, create your household.  Let's say three friends - so friend A, B and C.  Once done, place them on an empty lot which they can afford easy.  Now, go into Manage Worlds and go through the process of splitting the household up making friend C into his/her own household.  They will be in the Not In This World households.  Now, do the same to friend B.  So you should now have friend A living on the lot with friend C as a separate household and friend B as a separate household.  Once again, go into Manage Worlds and then in the upper right corner Manage Households.  Find friend B and merge them into friend A's household.  Because friend B was it's own household, he/she brings the 20k with them.  Then do the same with friend C.  You should now have a household with nearly 60k simoleans.  Much better than what you'd normally start with as a group of 3 roommates.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 04:40:18 PM »
Thanks for the tips! I didn't think of the career and household with friends thing :)

Offline Keoterror

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »
I installed a mod that made Hacking and Programming a little more realistic. I get between 2 and  6 thousand dollars on Freelance work
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=543748

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 04:16:11 PM »
I just invite the Goths or Landgraabs to move in.  You get all their cash and household goods so you can start off with a really great house full of furniture and a lot of money as well.  You can always go into manage worlds after and move them out into an empty lot.   They are then broke, but you're not.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline hamlair

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2015, 07:09:57 AM »
The painting career is key because of the easel unlocks as well as the ability to sell to the Art Gallery.
Yes, I agree with that, but isles aren't very expensive. Another thing that isn't too expensive is writing.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2015, 07:57:42 AM »
For a different way of making money I like the woodworking skill. Not only can you make good money with it you can also make some of your own furniture for the house. Some of the furniture you make I like better than any you can buy because of the stats attached to it. Like the dinning table with a environment of 6 which is a lot better than any you can buy.
If you have Outdoor Retreat and learn the schematic for the Mascot Statue, I've had it sell anywhere from $1,500 to almost $5,000 and it seems faster to make that a large painting so it's a good money maker.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 03:50:59 PM »
Yes, I agree with that, but isles aren't very expensive. Another thing that isn't too expensive is writing.

I guess you mean easels. And what metro mean is that painting career unlocks better easels than the one you buy from buy mode not because joining getting you free easel (unless you took free promotions from connections reward first). If you notice, the painting quality differ from basic easel from the one that unlock via painter reward

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 04:03:56 PM »
I found that frog breeding is very profitable.  If you breed two Whirlyflower frogs together every 4 hours and sell the new ones for $160 each, it adds up fast.  You can make several thousand in a weeks time.  It's not a lot of money but it is a nice way to supplement your funds without much effort.

Offline areknel

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 03:34:23 AM »
I found the electronic recycling bin very useful especially if you throw a party.  For every resident in your household you get 10 simoleons for every plate, or cup etc, that you put in it.  eg 4 members 40 for every item.  This also works when you have trash left over from working on appliances.

anything