Author Topic: About genetics  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Shikoo

• Nooboo
About genetics
« on: January 23, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible for "weird" hair colours like pink, green etc. to pass on to children? I want to do the Perfect Genetics challenge and I've heard that those ones don't pass on, even if weird skin colours do. Can anyone confirm this?
Also, if anyone has a good site or article, or just plain good information about the genetics in the game, I'd love to read about it!
Thanks in advance!

Offline llama-skin

• Nooboo
Re: About genetics
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:41 PM »
Yes, weird hair colors can be passed genetically.

I know brown and black hair is dominant over blond and red hair. I'm not sure how dominant weird hair colors. Brown is dominant over Blue/Green eyes. For the most part, I believe skin color act similarly to real life. For example if someone with pale skin has a baby with someone with dark skin, the baby could have pale skin, dark skin, or a mix. I haven't tried with weird skin tones, but I'm assuming there isn't any mixing.

Good Luck!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
All that said, it must be noted that the game doesn't consistently follow real life genetics. I have had dark-haired couples produce light-haired offspring, etc. The genetics in TS4 aren't as complex and realistic as I would have liked. But at the same time, I understand it is an extensive feature to implement.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 08:55:22 AM »
Yuki Behr blue's hair are often passed on her offspring in my games, but the color only appears at teen age, as it's not available sooner.

I'm not sure if there's any dominancy in the results, it really seems random to me.

This is a quick peek at one possible outcome with two serial babymakers, as you can see, skin color is quite random :

anything