Author Topic: Ghosts in Inactive Households Disappearing Upon Aging Up  (Read 2622 times)

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Ghosts in Inactive Households Disappearing Upon Aging Up
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:27:15 PM »
This is either a question or a warning.

I'm currently playing a dynasty in Moonlight Falls, and throughout my many attempts, I noticed that the playable ghosts in the neighborhood (Violet Slymer, Olivia Goth, etc. Those in neighborhood households) tend to disappear pretty quickly. It wasn't that their households moved or anything. But by clockwork, they would disappear. I later realized that this was upon them aging up, as their disappearance always correlated with when they would age up.

So my questions:

1. Has anyone else experienced this, or am I alone? I noticed this only in my recent games; I had a life states dynasty back in 2013 that unleashed one of my ghostly spares to the neighborhood, and he was able to age up from teen to young adult to adult to elder just fine while not being played.

2. Has anyone noticed this, but in a different world?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Ghosts in Inactive Households Disappearing Upon Aging Up
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:57:59 PM »
I am redoing my Ghosts in the Machine Domination Dynasty, where all of the family will be ghosts. I'll keep an eye on the progress and seee if anything happens to the non-controlled ghost offspring when they age up. I guess I could turn them human prior to them leaving the house, kind of a going away present ... oh you're a young adult my ghost offspring? Here, eat this ambrosia! lol. I'm not doing it in Midnight Falls, but rather Aurora Skies.

Dek

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:12:07 AM »
It's worth it for looking at the results! Though that's definitely a dynasty where you'd want them to stay "alive".

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:19 AM »
I'll move the first few out, leave them as ghosts, and see what happens. :) If the game behaves long enough for it to be a problem, I'll be very pleased with it. I can always make more of them. :)

EDIT The following message was received in game regarding a ghost in Aurora Skies. I believe it is one that is part of a household, rather than one that is from the graveyard, but I could be wrong.

I've never had that message about a ghost before, I don't use mods and I also don't have the door of life and death, or whatever it's called.

I do believe one of either my queen or my king (this is from Ghost In The Machine V2) did meet him once around town and they interacted, so maybe it is common for ghosts but I've just always stayed away from them or something.

Dek

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 05:32:35 AM »
I had that message about Oskar while playing there, thing is he is an elder so it's kind of expected, they don't die they just go back to the netherworld, I've not really payed enough attention to other playable ghosts though and I've not spent long enough in Moonlight Falls to really notice if they vanished.

Is it possible instead of aging they are returning to the netherworld too? I guess that could be what's happening.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 08:49:10 AM »
Samuel Goth, the elder resident ghost in Moonlight Falls, also "passed on" in a similar way. Funny thing is that no one in my household knew him, but I still got the notification and he left his tombstone behind. It's at the gym. ;D

While I would guess that the game is confused and making the other ghosts pass on to the netherworld instead of age, I was never able to find their tombstones. So something about it could be different.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 10:19:41 AM »
Playable ghosts inside inactive sometimes don't show up in the relationship panel, so one of your household members could have met him and just not remembered it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 01:34:43 PM »
I went back into one of my earlier saves for shooting reasons,  and apparently someone did know Samuel because he was always a valid invitee for parties. Still, regular sims who are just acquaintances don't get tombstones, and no one knew him beyond knowing him.

I know that Midnight Hollow and Isla Paradiso both have resident ghosts who are adult or younger (what really matters to me here), so I might try to see what happens to those ones. Especially because Midnight Hollow is on my 4x4 town list, and every original townie deserves a chance!

Offline Reginamzh

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:17 AM »
I have had the same experience; I'm playing the Ichtaca family in Isla Paradiso and one of my children drowned in a pool. I resurrected her and her ghost came back to life then I switched to another household and was playing that household for a little while. After that when I switched back to Ichtaca household the ghost was gone. I literally looked for her tombstone in every cemetery in Isla Paradiso and I searched every part of the house but there was nothing.  :-[