Author Topic: Plumbob Pictures Backlot  (Read 6042 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Plumbob Pictures Backlot
« on: February 21, 2015, 12:16:04 PM »
Hi, I just tried to place this lot in Roaring Heights and could not. Even though I had a blank 64x64 lot. Nothing worked at all. I tried bulldozing the lot and I still could not do anything. I completely bulldozed the lot and now I can't place any blank lot at all regardless of size! It keeps telling me that I "can't place on lots." There is absolutely nothing there! I have a sim who wants to be a director, but I can't do that if I can't place anything for him to work. Does anybody have any suggestions? The lot in question is 30 Riverside Terrace. Thanks!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Plumbob Pictures Backlot
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:38:17 AM »
30 Riverside Terrace is a 30x30 lot, did you delete the original lot and surrounding trees to place a 64x64 lot?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
I'm sorry! It is 20 Paradise Dr, not 30. As I stated, I cannot place this lot there even though it is a 64x64. I tried both no visitors and visitors and nothing. When I bulldozed the lot, I could not place ANY blank lot there regardless of size. I kept getting the msg "can't place on lots." So this lot is bugged somewhere. There is one place where there is a tree that kind of overhangs the boundary. Not sure if that's the problem or not. I don't have CAW to edit the hood and remove it.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 09:13:53 AM »
There might be an object on the lot, like space rock or something you may have to clear it in build mode. Sometimes I have to flatten lots or change them to residential then back to community to fix the problem. Have you also tried placing the Studio in a fresh Roaring Heights to see if the same problem is there?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
Well, all I can say is that this particular lot is bugged. There are no objects on the lot, I checked w/a fine tooth comb and no objects. I tried converting it back to a residential lot (reg and not apt) and then saved and converted it back to a comm lot/no visitors allowed and I can't place the bldg. If I try to bulldoze it again, it will just be the same scenario. :(  I followed your suggestion and created a new RH and in that hood, the lot places just fine! I think I'm just going to move the family to a different RH hood. They're totally rolling in the dough now though. She is master scientist and has a couple of cloned children and one between she and her husband. She also has a couple of plasma bugs which she clones from time to time and the gem cutting machine for which she clones and cuts gems. I've never tried sim port before so I'm kind of nervous about that.

anything