Author Topic: Handiness guide additions  (Read 2805 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Handiness guide additions
« on: February 28, 2015, 07:02:49 PM »
I think it would be great if upgrades for the observatory and microscope could be added to the handiness table of upgrades.  The observatory has both augment telescopic eyepiece and reinforce telescopic pivots upgrades.  I'm not sure what they do or what level you get them at.  I'm guessing reinforce telescopic pivots either stops it from breaking or makes it break less.  The microscope has improve lens quality, robustify inner workings (less likely to break?), and perfect inner workings (doesn't break?) upgrades.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Handiness guide additions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
@ClayMask thank you for noting the omissions. I've added those to the page but am testing out the improved eyepieces before I upload it. I want to know if the improvement helps Sims to find collectibles more often. :)

Edit: This is so good I had to actually edit space prints, handiness, logic, and my page on microscope samples that is in the works. Those are some awesome upgrades, so thank you again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »
No problem.  Thanks for adding them to the guide.  I just noticed that the observatory has another upgrade that I missed before, called temper armored telescopic pivots.  I'm not sure how we both missed it, but I'm guessing maybe you have to do the reinforce telescopic pivots upgrade before it becomes available.  It sounds like something that would upgrade it to unbreakable, but I'm not certain on that.  I'll let you know if it breaks at all after I do the upgrade.  Wouldn't it be nice if the game told us what most of these upgrades do?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »
Huh. Hadn't seen one with a prerequisite before. Yes I do wish they'd say what these do. I think like a third or less have a description in game. :(

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 08:19:57 AM »
My observatory never broke after I upgraded it with reinforce telescopic pivots tempered armored telescopic pivots and I leveled a Sim from level 1 to level 10 logic with it after that.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:23:56 AM »
I found some other upgrades you can do with handiness.  On the motion gaming rig, you can upgrade it with sturdy panels (less likely to break?), crytracoo casing (unbreakable), and emotion engine (increases gaming skill faster?).

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »
Thanks for looking into it. I'll do some testing myself and add them as soon as I am able.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 06:39:17 PM »
Wanted to get this edited before I take my little breather from the game. I looked in the game data and found that the Emotion Engine does appear to help increase gaming skill, which is cool. I found the others' levels and put them in the table too. For future expansions etc. I will get to look for missing objects by searching for them in the XML, which can speed up the process and make it less likely I miss them. I'm glad i stumbled upon that. Thanks again for helping to make the site more complete, @ClayMask !

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 06:55:05 PM »
Thanks for adding those to the guide.  Did you manage to find tempered armored telescopic pivots upgrade for the observatory?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 06:20:52 AM »
Yep, I see it. I want to one day make a big list of all the upgrades and the parts required just to help people optimize the process and save (little) money while also making individual upgrade information for an object easier to find :) I will not bother to do this just now, but it is definitely something I'd like to do in the future because the table is as unwieldy to read as it is to edit..