Author Topic: Camping equipment, no access to build/buy or placing from inventory  (Read 4391 times)

Offline beardeux

• Occult
I did mention this in my first impressions post, but now I'm looking for help.  I still am unable to move anything from the inventory to the lot and I have no access to build/buy.  I can only use the option to 'place in world'.  It ends up very haphazard.  I can't place the chairs at the game table so I got rid of both.  I have quit and started the game several times so it's not just a one time thing.
   When I try to place something, my sim is highlighted and the object just stays in the inventory.  I can't place guitars or anything.
   Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Okay, I just did a quick test and I was able to click and drag the items around live mode after they were already placed. Have you tried that?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
Hi TheGoat, yes I tried to move all items once placed.  Nothing can be moved.  I watched part of the broadcast again as I haven't seen it for some time, in case I didn't understand something, but she is moving all objects to the site from the inventory and moving them freely in live mode all over the place.

later...I watched part of the broadcast once again, and I did miss something.  I realized that she was placing items near the existing firepit and picnic table area.  When my sim goes to the camping lot he stands in a spacious empty area of grass and I thought that was where I had to set up my things.  But it isn't.  I have to be around the campfire area.  Everything moves well there.  I can place my tables, chairs etc.  The grassy area is a good place for the tent though.
   Glad I've figured it out and thanks for trying to help.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Hi TheGoat, yes I tried to move all items once placed.  Nothing can be moved.  I watched part of the broadcast again as I haven't seen it for some time, in case I didn't understand something, but she is moving all objects to the site from the inventory and moving them freely in live mode all over the place.

later...I watched part of the broadcast once again, and I did miss something.  I realized that she was placing items near the existing firepit and picnic table area.  When my sim goes to the camping lot he stands in a spacious empty area of grass and I thought that was where I had to set up my things.  But it isn't.  I have to be around the campfire area.  Everything moves well there.  I can place my tables, chairs etc.  The grassy area is a good place for the tent though.
   Glad I've figured it out and thanks for trying to help.

Of course! That makes perfect sense, in hindsight, since your campsite is like your home lot. Of course you can only move things there. Glad you figured it out. I don't think that ever would have crossed my mind!